Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
450 slc
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The above one owner vehicle has some tin worm (holes) in the leading edge (bottom outboard corner)of both rear fenderwells (wheel arches) anyone have any idea of repair costs. I realize the sills may also have to be included in these repairs and I wonder about the integrity of the jacking points as well, given that they are right below this damage. I have heard the repairs could cost 2500 Canadian Dollars. The car is possibly going to sell for about 6500 dollars and is otherwise immaculate in and out with top class leather and wood dash. only other thing noticed so far is rt. frt. passenger window motor is u/s. at this price the repair cost if accurate is not scaring me off what looks like a factory fresh car. Can anyone give this new member any quick advice as I don't think this car will be for sale for long.[^]

·
Registered
450 slc
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am replying to my own post as no one else seems to have done so and it is with great del...

I am replying to my own post as no one else seems to have done so and it is with great delight that I can tell you I missed this car. This was a good thing too as I quickly discovered within 2 weeks that a much nicer and older car was waiting for me not too far away from this one. as you will see from my profile on this site I am about to take delivery of a magnificent example of a 1976 450 SLC with 165000 original KMS on it. This car has immaculate bodywork and is finished in a light blue metallic paint. The interior is dark blue and is unmarked. The vehicle still carries the original Becker stereo radio-cassette player and the first aid kit is as yet unopened. I will be looking forward to some healthy responses to my future postings to this website and can't wait to get my car home. Proud new owner, you bet ! Gordon Foster, Vancouver, Canada.
P.S. check for more pics. on the galleries W107 page.

·
Registered
350SLC, 500SLC, 300TE, 190E2.3 Sportline
690 Posts
Pleased to read that you found a good one. The W107 can be very rust prone. If the previou...

Pleased to read that you found a good one. The W107 can be very rust prone. If the previous one had rust you could see, then it probably had plenty more you couldn't. Probably as well you didn't go ahead with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts