Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm considering of getting a C180.
Can you all give some inputs on the pros and cons of this car?

Also, please post the specs of this car if anyone have it.

Thx guys!!!

·
Registered
w124 200E'89
38 Posts
One thing that u can't expect from a C 180 is POWER
hahaa just slammed it low with eibach sportsline springs and a nice 19"inch rims with AMG or Wald bodykits u'll have a great ride

·
Registered
1995 C180 Elegance
18 Posts
I've got a C180 Elegance and as has already been said, no leather and no power seats. But you get automatic transmission with Economy and Sports mode, Aircon, Power Steering, ABS, front and rear electric windows, ummmm... yeah, with a 1.8 block it's a bit gutless, but how many people buy a Benz for raw power? Not me certainly! As I frequently say, the quicker you go, the less time people have to look and be envious... [8D]

The interior is rather sparse - like BMW, Mercedes tend to go for pretty industrial trim on the seats if you don't have leather, but in general it's a nice car and I got mine for a steal, so what's not to like?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I buy and sell these cars all the time and there is not a big difference between 180 200 or 220, in fact they vary quite a lot and a good small one is hard to tell from an avarage bigger motor. they all cruise all day at 100 mph

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
homefred - 3/17/2005 7:22 AM

I buy and sell these cars all the time and there is not a big difference between 180 200 or 220, in fact they vary quite a lot and a good small one is hard to tell from an avarage bigger motor. they all cruise all day at 100 mph

hmmm.... interesting fact. Is it because bigger engine is heavier?

anyway, does anyone has the engine spec for the C180?

Thx

·
Registered
20 Posts
the 180 is the same engine as the 200 but shorter stroke, the 180 and 200 are gutless, the 5 speed transmissions play up and cost heaps to rebuild, i would go to a 318 BMW anyday now after owning 2 C class cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, i hope this helps.
I live in lebanon (middle east). i own a 1997 C200 Sport. it has an automatic 5 gear transmission. the engine of 1998cc makes 136bhp. the c230 u have in the usa produces 148bhp. i drove bmw 318 and 316, and i d say it is quite powerful, and very economic. my car is a sport package,(so lowered suspension, AMG oem rims, 5-gear transmission which helps the speeding up)

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,033 Posts
oe_tuning - 3/10/2005 11:01 PM

Hi all,

I'm considering of getting a C180.
Can you all give some inputs on the pros and cons of this car?

Also, please post the specs of this car if anyone have it.

Thx guys!!!
Drop the pistons out and make it into a C230

Its not a speed car but it has the same luxury as the C320. So its the same quality ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As a C180 owner, I can recommend this car to you based on its durability, acceptable fuel consumption, timeless styling and good value. Equipment is rather sparse, though. Though this means fewer things could go wrong, too. Engine specs: 1799cc, DOHC, 16V, 120 hp (Indonesian specs, meaning no cat converter). I had some time adapting to the parking brake and its release mechanism.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts