Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My suggestion if majority agrees… Have all you guys/gals ever seen Hack's Mercedes-Benz Driver's Photo Collection website? He has a website + server dedicated to photos & description of various MB owners and their cars. I am willing to provide a large amount of my server space to create a W123 website and host a Mercedes W123 Owners Photo Collection (similar to his). He has stopped accepting various chassis models (including W123s) for awhile now due to the large submission of all MB chassis-types to his site. I’ll manage everything (for free!) - just submit your car’s photos w/ description and I’ll post chronologically via W123 model/year, name, and location… What do you guys think?

This will take some time, especially during start-up, but once up and running it will be nice for each and every one of us worldwide to view our own cars as well as our fellow forumers worldwide! I know anyone can post pics of their cars already on this forum here, but at least we can eliminate the “bulletin board�-like setting… A dedicated “Mercedes W123 Owners Photo Collection� can be a great source for cataloging each and every interested forumers’ particular W123 vehicle…

I already created a new email address to submit your photos & description, so feel free to send in your car’s best shots along with a brief description – and don’t forget to include your name, location, and W123 year/model. Send to [email protected] We can continue the tradition from where Hack left from, but this time by just having a W123 only Owners’ Photo Collection for every one of us… Once I get enough submissions to commence, then I'll post the website link here and also submit the site to search engines, directories, etc... It would be even nicer if someone else is willing to provide a domain name (remember I'll provide the server space and bandwidth, and continue to increase it as more and more photos get submitted & posted...) Just post your comments and suggestions, and other ideas..

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Sounds great! I'll email you my info when I get home. I gotta run [:D]

By the way you have a copy of my car's pic, right?

Before I forget the only thing I'll be concerned about is that other people (non-members) can view this site and access that info. Maybe we'll need more than that; a password based site could be of help if anybody's concerned. Otherwise, it should all be good.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Mercedes W123 Owners Photo Collection"

KARUGS: Better to just send me the pics you would actually want posted along with a good story... Spread the word! It'll get huge sooner or later. No password needed to view! W123 Owners Photos Gallery

·
Registered
81' 300SD, 82' 300D
4,021 Posts
I'll e-mail you some pictures later Alfie, after I get some good ones. I didn't realize you're the same guy with the website that has that beautiful green W116 on it. I fell in love with your W116 last summer, and I must say it's one beautiful car.
-Joe

A

·
0 Posts
i too am ready for bed, so the emailing and selecting of my best pics will have to wait, but, WHAT AN EXCELLENT IDEA!!!!!! I thoroughly approve!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
W123.US

Registered and locked domain name for "Mercedes W123 Owners Photo Collection" is http://www.w123.us

So c'mon and submit your cars' best photos and stories... and props and thanks to Mr. Peter Hacker for his wonderful site.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Onkel-Benz - 5/15/2005 8:37 AM

thebenzbar!!!
Did you get my email i posted yesterday to you?
Hope to se my car on your page soon! [;)]
Yup! Onkel! Sorry - I just got it this morning... I attended another forum's Northeast GTG meet yesterday - quite fun w/ good turnout! I feel into bed as soon as I arrived home last night.. Here's the link:

Pics: ___*** NORTHEAST GTG ***___

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jdc1244a - 5/15/2005 10:59 AM

Was that an MB diesels only GTG? Chaplain’s CD looks to be in great condition.
Yeps, he has a nice coupe - recently painted, nice interior w/ REAL factory-optioned genuine black leather (not MB-Tex). It wasn't really just for diesels,a W124 300CE showed up after all -basicaly for anyone who would venture out for the GTG. I think it's worth it and fun - especially to enjoy other forumers cars as well as comraderie. Maybe you can make it next time - from the depths of Sunny Fla? If a future GTG/meet will be held in the southeastern states - I may also try to attend! All in all, as you see in the pics - everyone had nice rides respectively. [:D]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts