Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my dad's w210 e320 and I have a sony cd player I would like to throw in... I have googled DIY stereo install but cant find anything relating to the correct way to operate on the stereo.. anyone?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
contact raymond

also go to the audio section on mbworld.org forums.You might want to do the wire out the back with a cassette adapter and an ipod.or since it is wired for a cd changer in the trunk pick on up in the classifieds or ask members that way it will integrate with the stock radio.
:bowdown:eek:hlord

·
Registered
632 Posts
Start by getting ahold of a set of 'radio keys' and make sure you have the code for your OEM radio since you may want to put it back in at some point.

The part you want to replace is referred to as a head unit (HU). Most people replace the stock (Becker) with something newer such as Sony, Alpine, etc. to have CD, MP3 and aux out for iPod, etc.

In most cases you will loose the functionality of your CD changer in the trunk. Since they can be finicky in older cars most people don't mind.

Make sure you get the correct patch cable to go from the MB wiring harness to the back of your new radio. Double check the two twelve volt lines against the pinout. If the new radio looses all your settings after being shut off they are reversed.

Finally, visit the Audio subforum here for lots of good advice and recommendations.

Have fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts