Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
04' SLK230
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are projectors on EBay with Xenons pre assembled. Im assuming i wouldnt have to file at the housing to fit the HID's

But i have a few Questions.

Are these HIDs somewhat decent? (For people who have them)
Is the install 'hard'? (I have NEVER done anything like this, splicing the wires whatever. But im sure if i read enough guides i can do it)
-I.E. With the HID's because i have to mount the balast and i have no idea where.
-I seen some step by steps but they are just for the regular projector headlights. =[

Thanks.:bowdown:

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230, 2016 Tesla Model S P90D, 1984 Alfa Spider Veloce, 2008 E320 Bluetec (former)
175 Posts
See my post in the projector thread for pics. I love mine personally. I probably have them a bit on the high side, but they light up everything. Look great with the LED turn signal bulbs (white/amber). The install is no harder than the normal projectors. As for the ballasts, I mounted them on the wheel wells. Be careful if you do, not to use too long a screw, and to dremel off the pointy end pointed towards the wheel. Also, consider using a rubber pad under the ballast for insulation and to help keep water out (especially if you mount it flat on the area directly behind the lights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts