Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1997, SLK 200
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Received the adapters for pre facelift versions of the SLK. This adapter is needed to install the new projector headlights without any cutting of cables. They look pretty much ok to me.

It looks like the adapter turns the old connection into the new one. Could someone with the facelifted version maybe confirm this? The one connection is round, and the other is square. Alternatively the adapters are just for the blinkers.

Just have to wait a few days more till the headlights shows up to be 100% sure of installation. If someone get it before me, and has installed the lights with adapters, please feel free to post :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
96' SLK 230 Kompressor
198 Posts
@Myzt

i have decided to drop the adopter for now, but I don't gonna cut any wires, just use clamps that allows add wires to the existing harness.

But it would help a great deal if you could post witch pin on the original contact that goes on the pin on the adapter.

Tormod

·
Registered
1997, SLK 200
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I think that can be a good idea. I don't know anymore for now, since the headlights are not received yet. Have you gotten yours? German postal service is always slow I think... receiving from China, Australia and USA goes faster with normal shipping. Pretty strange when Germany is only a few miles away. Been waiting for almost 2 weeks now.

At least I got the time to mount my new side mirrors with LED blinker. Looks great! Will match the the projectors perfect. Also switched out the blinkers over the front wheels with some clear ones. Starting to look very modern :)

·
Registered
96' SLK 230 Kompressor
198 Posts
Myzt said:
I think that can be a good idea. I don't know anymore for now, since the headlights are not received yet. Have you gotten yours? German postal service is always slow I think... receiving from China, Australia and USA goes faster with normal shipping. Pretty strange when Germany is only a few miles away. Been waiting for almost 2 weeks now.

At least I got the time to mount my new side mirrors with LED blinker. Looks great! Will match the the projectors perfect. Also switched out the blinkers over the front wheels with some clear ones. Starting to look very modern :)

yeah, German postal service are ALWAYS slow, among the slowest I think..
I got the lights on Wednesday, but just because I payed a sh*** load of money in dhl shipping.. :rolleyes:
They look great on the car, and I use chrome bulbs in the blinkers instead of the orange ones, and that realy made a difference! :thumbsup:

Is the adapter end that is going to the new lamp oval on both ends?
if not (or if it's another way to tell the sides apart) pleas just post witch pin that goes to witch pin on the new and the original contact.

If someone else could post a wire diagram on the original cable harness with pin location that would be great!

Tormod

OT/BTW
where did you buy the side mirrors and the side blinkers? Price?

·
Registered
1997, SLK 200
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to hear they look good. Please post some pictures of them :). I also bought a pair of chrome bulbs.

The adapter is round in one end and square in the other.

The side blinkers were bought on ebay.com. Not original, but fitting is great, and the looks are really good. I especially like the clear led blinkers. Mounted the wires on friday (took some time, but got it perfect).

·
Registered
96' SLK 230 Kompressor
198 Posts
Myzt said:
OK! I did think it was so. The headlights had the same.

Pleas post pin to pin numbers (or a drawing), if it's not any numbers on the adapter there is numbers on the contact on the one in the car.

I have used the fog lights until now, but you know the police don't like that :rolleyes:

Myzt said:

The side blinkers were bought on ebay.com.
Both mirrors with blinkers and sideblinkers?
could you pass a link, or give nick on seller?
I have read bothe bad and good on the fitting on the not orginals part of this kind..

·
Registered
1997, SLK 200
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eBay Motors: Mercedes CLK SLK w208 Side Mirror BLINKER 320 430 U (item 220108945827 end time May-10-07 08:34:17 PDT)

Same seller I bought from. Delivery was really really fast (4-5 days to Norway). Fitting is good, looks are good. I bought the white ones so that they can be easily spray painted in the cars color. Didn't want to take the chance of buying the silver ones, as I want perfect color match :).

Inside there is 3 mounting points, but the SLK only uses 2. That is the only thing not perfect, but fitting is really good and it looks like it's supposed to be there. I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
SLK32 AMG 2003 RHD NZ SPEC
4 Posts
Im deciding to buy a chrome set of projector headlights. but my car is a 2003 32 AMG with factory xenon headlights...Anybody know those projector connectors will fit straight to my car as a 2000+ facelifted non-xenon headlights?I won't need the factory xenon anymore after they fitted just not sure if I need to modify the wirings..

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230 KOMPRESSOR
759 Posts
Private message sent. Chrome set of projectors are what I would go with!

Aaron Lephart

·
Registered
Mercedes benz SLK 230, Isuzu Trooper, Honda, ZZR600
6 Posts
Received the adapters for pre facelift versions of the SLK. This adapter is needed to install the new projector headlights without any cutting of cables. They look pretty much ok to me.

greetings....sir how much does it cost you? need to purchase one too. Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do you have the part numbers to those adaptors, they sell them right out of the mb parts dept? Also, where did you get the projector head lights you are using with those adaptors. I am doing this soon so any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
'00 slk230k (engine swap), '75 300D, 2011 GTI
1,528 Posts
The projector headlights can be bought from ebay, the adaptors are available from the dealer, i dont have the # for them handy sorry

·
Registered
Mercedes benz SLK 230, Isuzu Trooper, Honda, ZZR600
6 Posts
Yes you can splice why not...but it much better if you buy the wiring harness..it's cheap anyways and its proper. Have a nice day

1 - 18 of 18 Posts