Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12-Camel TT S600
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of accquiring an ultra cheap M119 motor and rebuilding it to be an ultimate 400HP street machine..

this is what i plan to do..

- Rebore the engine to increase the displacement and result in reduced compression ratio . 8:1 desired
- use high RPM rated race pistons
- supercharge it to death
- fine tune other aspects with experienced engine builder (im no pro)

i looking to push out around 400HP with all this hard hard work..

now the pro's here must tell me how much feasible this project it as well what to look out for...

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
If you're allocatin that much time and resource to an M119, you shuold be able to extract far more than just 400hp.

Pre-94 M119's pushed out 326bhp in stock form. So eeking out only 74hp more is not massive.

If you reduce compression to 8:1 then you have the perfect set-up for turbocharging, and can run far higher boost.

You'd likely be running at closer to 500hp that way.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
1,989 Posts
Why go to all the trouble with rebuilding the engine to only get 400 hp. Heck, I've got more than 400 hp from my US M117 5.6L. All you would need to run is 5 psi to get 400 hp from the M119. Get a 3 core intercooler and run 8 psi on an M119 and that will give you close to 500 hp with no need to change the internals.

If you were going to do anything, I'd do an aftermarket programmable engine management system. You could run even more boost and have total control of everything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts