Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved into a brand new house with a new garage door opener. Does anybody know how to program the S Class' garage door opener located in the rear view mirror. I think I have a rolling code on my opener and for some reason the usual way I remember programing doesn't seem to work.

·
Registered
2002 G500
15 Posts
Johnson Controls "HomeLink" system limitations.

The S-class, along with most other vehicles use Johnson Controls' "HomeLink" system as their standard for the installed programmable garage door opener.

There are now several next-generation garage door openers with a higher level of security that the "HomeLink" system cannot learn because of the rolling code function. I had a 2002 G500 that could not function, my wife's 2002 S430 cannot function, and my 2003 Land Rover Range Rover HSE cannot function. At this point I have been told that I need to use the remote provided by the garage door opener manufacturer, and not the built-in opener in the vehicles.

So you don't have to worry, its not your car, its your garage door opener. You'll just need to put the other remote in your vehicles.

·
Registered
2003 S430
4 Posts
garage door opener

yes, this is a pain to figure out. I did get my 2003 S430 to work on my rolling code garage door opener, but it was strange.

You have to hold the button down and get it to blink slowly. For some reason, most of the time when you hold the button down, it blinks quickly and never goes to "learn" mode. Just keep trying, mine started blinking slowly after about 10 tries....

Once it's blinking slowly, hold your garage door remote and have the benz system learn the first code. Go to your garage door opener and then follow the instructions on adding a remote (if you have a rolling code system). If you don't have one of these rolling code systems, it should work once it has learned the first code (most modern openers use rolling code).

Works like a charm (after beating my head against the wall for an hour)....

Good luck.

·
Registered
2000 S500
4 Posts
I have the rolling code garage door opener also and what I did to get it to work was to pr...

I have the rolling code garage door opener also and what I did to get it to work was to press the learn or training button on the back of the garage door opener itself and then press S500's garage door opener button until it actually closed the garage. Worked on the first try. No problems since.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: I have the rolling code garage door opener also and what I did to get it to work was to pr

I have the rolling code garage door opener also and what I did to get it to work was to press the learn or training button on the back of the garage door opener itself and then press S500's garage door opener button until it actually closed the garage. Worked on the first try. No problems since.
you got it. I have friends who could not get thiers programmed, dealer even came out and tried, so I went over and did exactly that and it worked.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you know...it works! Thanks everyone!...

What do you know...it works! Thanks everyone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts