Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 C350
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, I did try searching and found many aftermarket items that chips can be sent to. In my last 3 interactions with service people at the MB dealership and the roadside assistance, I have heard about an upgrade in programming, not cheap $1400, that will provide better fuel economy, stronger horse power, better shifting at low gears. Can anyone direct me to a thread or provide info on feedback on this, from MB directly? Tempted but want to get feedback if legit or just a sales tactic. The Road side assistance person worked for MB for 10 years, did a test in a certification last week and spoke huge about it.

Many thanks,

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz W204 C350 4MATIC 2008
293 Posts
Try Upsolute Chip Tuning..I'm trying to get around it but the distributer in Ontario is taking forever..blah..that's about $400 cash the guy told me..268 HP to about 295hp (or on website US version says 272 HP to 297 HP)..or something..check it out..

·
Registered
2009 C350
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had the dealership complete this last Monday to Tuesday, what an amazing difference in S and low gears, it is like a different car getting on the highway or at red lights. Excited to accelerate now, thanks for sharing the info to look online.

·
Registered
2008 C350 Blk with Gray (sold), 2011 E550 Cab, 1986 Porsche 911 Carrera/Targa 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback
230 Posts
Excellent!But please provide more info about what was installed and cost. Was it Upsolute or something else? What are the supposed gains in HP and torque? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2009 C350
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I researched the various options, and my understanding of the DIY approach and I opted to have the local MB dealer do the work. The cost was $1,200, and it took them about a day. The local dealership's Performance Manager also has a side business do the same but outside of MB. He was knowledgeable and gained my confidence.

Unfortunately, I don't know the specifics of HP or torque, the main difference is that in S, the lower gears are tighter resulting in increased acceleration in shorter time. While in C mode, similar but not to the extend. Now the trade off, reduced fuel economy, from around 23 around town to 17 (Yikes). Overall, I don't regret it, the car flies, let's hope I don't get a ticket. PHEW

1 - 7 of 7 Posts