Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked on my order status today and I'm still "B3." My production was supposed to be in the first 10 days of May, so if it doesn't happen tomorrow, theyre behind!

Here are the production status codes:

BA - Dealer Delivery Date Estimated
BB - Accessory/Upholstery Frozen
B3 - Paint Frozen
B4 - Production Started
B5 - Production Completed
D4 - Ready To Deliver
D5 - Released to Carrier
D9 - Wholesale/Consignment Pending
F1 - Wholesale and Invoiced
I1 - Retailed

·
Registered
20 Posts
I checked on mine today still has not gone into production, I am told there is a shortage of V8 engines.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NOVA - 5/9/2005 5:36 PM

Did you check this through the dealer? How did you get the info necessary to do the check? Thanks.
I had the dealer check. I'm not sure if you can call MBUSA yourself and check--I know you can with BMW.

·
Registered
2007 GL320CDI
357 Posts
Thanks Greg for the update on the codes. I've been meaning to get those.

My fingers are crossed for late tonight or tomorrow for your ML.

My build decade begins Wednesday (5/11) so I'm hoping for no delays on the 350 model.

·
Registered
2006 ML350
70 Posts
Also late!

Checked on my ML350 with a 1st decade May build date and it is also sitting at B3.According to the gen'l mgr. MB is approximately 10 days behind in production. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I had them do a national search but there were no equivalent cars in existing inventory.

·
Registered
2013 ML-63 AMG, 2010 C350 4matic
221 Posts
I visited my dealer today to check on demo's availability for a test drive. He still has the same show room models delivered by MB. All pre-production USA specs destined for showroom only. Only few canadian specs ML's were delivered (I am not sure about that!!!)and all are gone fast. None were custom ordered. MB cannot tell him when they will start delivering the custom ordered ML's.
The ML brochure is still not available in Quebec (I do not know about the rest of Canada). Only the single leaflet is available with coffe, donuts, and two dozens 05 ML's.

·
Registered
2006 ML350
70 Posts
RE: In Production?

Greg - Do you know if your card has moved to production yet? I had the same decade build as yours and was also delayed.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RE: In Production?

sheepdog - 5/14/2005 9:34 PM

Greg - Do you know if your card has moved to production yet? I had the same decade build as yours and was also delayed.
As of 5/12 am it was still B3. Hopefully this coming week!

·
Registered
2007 GL320CDI
357 Posts
My production date has been pushed back until the first decade of June now. :(

·
Registered
2007 GL320CDI
357 Posts
Either in production or just finished production. You're close.

What was your original build date?

Mine was 2nd decade of May which is now 1st decade of June.

·
Registered
'06 ML500, 00' ML430
34 Posts
I'm not sure of my orig. date. My 500 was headed to Texas, it matched what I wanted and the two dealers came to terms on it. My deal just told me I was at status B4. Any idea on time now? thanks for your info.

·
Registered
2006 ML350
70 Posts
RE: Still Delayed

Checked with the dealer yesterday and the 1st decade May date is now indicated 5/10 but status is still B3.Their GM checked on another custom ML the day before and couldn't get a straight answer or reason for the delays or how long they would be.

·
Registered
2007 GL320CDI
357 Posts
Greg- a little birdie told me your ML is awaiting in this group to ship out.

·
Registered
2007 GL320CDI
357 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RE: Delayed orders

AutoSaurus - 5/22/2005 5:43 PM

Jack,

I hope your birdie isn't full of sh*t, or if it's not, it didn't leave it on my truck! As of last Thursday I was still B3, according to my salesperson. Thanks for giving me hope, though.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RE: Delayed orders

GregW / Oregon - 5/22/2005 8:25 PM

AutoSaurus - 5/22/2005 5:43 PM

Jack,

I hope your birdie isn't full of sh*t, or if it's not, it didn't leave it on my truck! As of last Thursday I was still B3, according to my salesperson. Thanks for giving me hope, though.
Well, Jack, I think your bird is full of it. This from my salesperson today:

"Greg- We just talked to the Distribution Department and they have added a 3rd shift. They are one month behind according to the rep. They worked over the weekend and produced 700 units.

That's as much info as I have at this point."

I assume he meant 700 units last week? If they've added a shift, that must mean new employees and/or overtime--I don't like the sound of that.

·
Registered
2006 ML500
41 Posts
Has anyone heard of a Production Code M? My dealer told me car went to M status yesterday and it had begon being built? It is scheduled for a completion date of August 16, so it sounds accurate that it is being built now. But I have never heard of the status class, so I am looking for a little info. Thanks a bunch everyone.

NATIBENZ

·
Registered
Honda Odyssey Touring 2006 ML350 (GONE) 2006 E350 4MATIC (love it)
570 Posts
natibenz - 8/8/2005 11:53 PM

Has anyone heard of a Production Code M? My dealer told me car went to M status yesterday and it had begon being built? It is scheduled for a completion date of August 16, so it sounds accurate that it is being built now. But I have never heard of the status class, so I am looking for a little info. Thanks a bunch everyone.

NATIBENZ
Missing...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts