Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of tail light guards off eBay. When I went to install them on my 2001 ML 320, I noticed that the plastic nuts that hold the tail lights on would not work with the guards. It seems that the thickness of the tail light retaining clips plus that of the guards were too thick. There was not enough thread exposed for the plastic nuts to grip and they would not tighten.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem, and if so, what was the solution?

Thanks!

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
Some pics would help.

I do remember that there was a lot of bending/ trial and error installing mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
02 ML320, 96 C220
561 Posts
Yeah there's a lot of bending involved....

Be careful as you bend becasu soemtimes your taillight guard will hit the trunk.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions, but it is not a problem with bending the mounting tabs. I already did that and they fit fine. My problem is that the plastic nuts that hold the tail light assembly in place will not screw onto the posts.

Did you use different nuts, or just the ones that were originally on the ML?

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
Swanny1172 - 2/28/2005 12:23 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, but it is not a problem with bending the mounting tabs. I already did that and they fit fine. My problem is that the plastic nuts that hold the tail light assembly in place will not screw onto the posts.

Did you use different nuts, or just the ones that were originally on the ML?
I don't remember getting new parts with the guards. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts