Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 ML320 and its been having lots of problems recently. It's spent over a month in the shop and I just got it back, but as I was driving it began to slow down and then it started this "bucking" movement back and forth. They told me that it's my catalytic converter, is that true? Is it worth fixing and keeping? or should I just sell it? Anyone else having these wierd problems?

·
Registered
2000 ML430
101 Posts
Well, If it is the Catalytic converter it should be under warrenty if you don't go 8yr/80,000 miles.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Sounds like the same problem I had a few years back. It turned out to be the coilpacks going bad, thus the miss-fire and bucking. I would get it checked by Benz and decide whether you want to sell it depending on the price of repair. The best of luck in the search for the problem.

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
You certainly can't sell it as it is, so you must fix it before making a decision. Perhaps the vehicle has not been correctly maintained???

·
Registered
03 ML500
789 Posts
You don't have to sell it, trade it in. May loose some money, but it's quick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, the car is very well kept and we're good friends with the service manager at mercedes. But they still can't seem to figure out the problem. We've changed about 5 or 6 different parts.. still no clue as to wuts up. It'll drive fine for a few weeks then start having all these problems

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm still debating if I should sell it, trade it in, or keep it... I'm trying to hold out for the 2006 ML350... Good idea?

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
21,283 Posts
So they replaced the cats and that did not solve the problem? Are you getting a check engine light? If so, what were the codes? As for waiting on a MY2006, I would actually wait at least for a MY2007 to get the "kinks" worked out. I know the factory has been working hard to make this a high-quality vehicle, but I don't care what you buy, the first year is always a gamble.

- RODNEY

1 - 8 of 8 Posts