Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I know two people who are having problems after problems with their ML's. Does anyone have any problem with MY06? If so, please let me know what they are so I can bring this issue to my GM.

Thank you,

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
Have had my 06 ML500 since Sept. It has been flawless with zero problems. This is my 3rd ML and by far the best one. I would rate it better than my 05 E320 4M or the 01 E320 4M that I once had.

·
Registered
06 ML350
492 Posts
The only problem that I have is with the Power Liftgate closing, which will finally be corrected on the 17th. Other than that I haven't had any major issues that haven't been corrected.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for your feedback :)

·
Registered
ML350 06
79 Posts
I am happy with the truck however I had

1.Issue with COMAND went totaly dark and firware update had to be loaded
2.Power Liftgate was troubleshooted 4 times by different dealers and finally fixed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
glad to hear it got fixed. an acquantaince of mine has problems with his right head light. nothing but headaches for him.

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,167 Posts
PhillipLong - 4/6/2006 12:53 PM

glad to hear it got fixed. an acquantaince of mine has problems with his right head light. nothing but headaches for him.
Haven't heard of any headlight issues. Mine has been flawless for 9 months and 9.5k miles.

·
Registered
2007 CLK550 Cabriolet
101 Posts
I got a little over 13,000 miles....still solid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you, gentlemen.

·
Registered
ML500
49 Posts
Had my ML500 since feb 8th and its been fine. One thing is the electric liftgate not always latching properly. You can tell from the lit interior lights. Only 2500 miles but nothing else but praise for the handling and power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ML500 won't start

I've had an '06 ML500 since September of last year. I've also had the liftgate problem which has been resolved. The current issue began about a month ago. The vehicle out of nowhere won't start. It has happened three times over the last month. It has been in service for a week this time waiting for a part from Germany. This is really frustrating. The dealer is on a deadline to get it fixed by tomorrow or replace with a new one but I'm not sure I want to jump into another one that might have some other problems.

·
Registered
2006 ML500
3 Posts
I have had my 06' ML500 for just over 1 year and it has 11,000 on it. It has been in the shop 7 times for various problems, most recently the catalytic converters were both replaced. This is my second ML and my last.

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
kmfrain said:
I've had an '06 ML500 since September of last year. I've also had the liftgate problem which has been resolved. The current issue began about a month ago. The vehicle out of nowhere won't start. It has happened three times over the last month. It has been in service for a week this time waiting for a part from Germany. This is really frustrating. The dealer is on a deadline to get it fixed by tomorrow or replace with a new one but I'm not sure I want to jump into another one that might have some other problems.
It's difficult to troubleshoot when you don't post details of the failures. Some tips which apply to the older W163 ML are collected here:

http://www.whnet.com/4x4/badgas.html

If it wont start only when the engine is hot, then it's often the CPS:

·
Registered
95 E320 (Sold!), 06 ML350, 03 S430, 00 Pontiac Formula WS6
159 Posts
Sorry - the biggest problem I have in my first 3000 miles of ownership is trying to talk my wife into letting me drive it (we bought it for her) and seriously entertaining thoughts of replacing my 95 E320 with a new one. It's just an awesome vehicle and we have had zero problems with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ML500 won't start

It's difficult to troubleshoot when you don't post details of the failures. Some tips which apply to the older W163 ML are collected here:

http://www.whnet.com/4x4/badgas.html

If it wont start only when the engine is hot, then it's often the CPS:
Thanks wolfgang

Mercedes is in the process of replacing the car. Basically the car was not hot when it wouldn't start. When you turned the key there was no sound whatsoever (e.g. no clicking) - radio etc. would light up but no warning lights. They had already replaced a mehanism within the starter and the same thing happened a week later. They then claimed something else showed up in the computer diagnostics and had to order something from Germany. A week later the piece they were waiting for had not yet cleared customs so they threw in the towel. Am no waiting for the replacement you would like to hope the problems wouldn't be repeated but we will see.

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts

·
Registered
2006 ML350
9 Posts
In my 06 ML350, I have had a problem with my CD player.....the volume would be muffled and then go back to normal, and then muffle.....they reinstalled the software. It's starting to act up again!
I have also had some sensor problems....damn airbags....I get that error message "SRS Restrain system malfunctioning. Drive to dealer". I'm bringing it in tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
kmfrain said:
Thanks wolfgang

Mercedes is in the process of replacing the car. Basically the car was not hot when it wouldn't start. When you turned the key there was no sound whatsoever (e.g. no clicking) - radio etc. would light up but no warning lights. They had already replaced a mehanism within the starter and the same thing happened a week later. They then claimed something else showed up in the computer diagnostics and had to order something from Germany. A week later the piece they were waiting for had not yet cleared customs so they threw in the towel. Am no waiting for the replacement you would like to hope the problems wouldn't be repeated but we will see.

Have an '06 ML350 since Novemeber with only 6,000 miles but repeated problems with the Light Senso, Been to the dealer 3 times and parts sent from Germany to fix it. Had the problem last week, been at the dealer since then. They say they cannot figure out what the promlem is and have even replaced the windshield! It is really frustrating.

What is the process to have them replace the darn thing! Other problems we have had include SRS malfunction the NAV display....grrrrrrr

1 - 18 of 18 Posts