Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2001 C320 approximately 2 months ago. After having the car for several weeks, I noticed that the keyless entry did not work unless I had the keyfob pointing directly at the little IR looking window by the door handle and was less than 5 feet away. Has anybody else experienced this problem? I took it to the dealer and they said it is normal. However, I think they are feeding be a load of... you know what.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definately the batteries . . .

others have had the same problem, and it always been the batteries.<br>It seems that some of the keys have come with dead or dying batteries from day 1.<p>I purchased a 2001 C320 approximately 2 months ago. After having the car for several weeks, I noticed that the keyless entry did not work unless I had the keyfob pointing directly at the little IR looking window by the door handle and was less than 5 feet away. Has anybody else experienced this problem? I took it to the dealer and they said it is normal. However, I think they are feeding be a load of... you know what.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IR is only for windows/sunroof remote control

Hey Bryan,<p>The key fob unlocks the doors by radio frequency, not infra red.<p>So you should be able to unlock your doors or pop your boot with your key fob in your trouser pockets.<p>The IR is only used to remotely activate the windows or sunroof. Do you have this problem with both your keys?<p>I'd get your dealer to check it out.<p>Lawrance Lee<br>C180 Classic<p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts