Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to get my Homelink transmitter on the Rearview mirror to learn the rolling code from my Genie 1/2hp Screwdrive garage door opener.<p>I was able to program my Chrysler 300M with no problems, but the Benz won't take the damn code! I took off the cover of the Genie, pressed the 'training' button. Then get into the Benz and press the first Homelink button twice. Nothing happens.<p>How long do I hold the buttons down?<p>My neighbor has a similar garage door opener and a '98 Jaguar XK8 Cab and can't get his to work either.<p>Are we both dunces or what?? I'm reading the directions and it isn't working.<p>Any help/experience would be appreciated.<p>I have the numbers for both Homelink (800 355 3515) and Genie (800 354 3643). I'll try it again tomorrow and call these guys if it doesn't work

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No problems with mine ...

----<br>I programed all three with no real problems ... but did have to hold down one of the buttons longer than recommended to get it to flash (register that the code has been locked in).<p>Although it may take a few trips up and down the ladder, try as I did to experiment with how long you hold the buttons in the car. Keep playing with it, I finally got mine to work. <p>Good luck.<p>Drew.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CLK Forum Lights

Drew,<br>Which and where in the CLK Forum did the guy post about changing his hallogens for whites for $50?<p>Thanks!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: CLK Forum Lights

MBWorld. Page 2, half way down, thread: "upgrading non HID headlights".<p>Good Luck.<p>Drew.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slow and steady wins the race as they always say... I messed around with it for awhile last night. Reread the instructions for the 10th time (and this time paid attention I guess) and it worked.<p>I ended up moving the remote around the mirror until it finally read it. Where the hell is the sensor in the rear view mirror?? There is a photo cell in the top right corner which I assume is for an auto dimming mirror.<p>Anyway, it worked. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts