Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'04 SLK 32 AMG
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stupid trunk Cd changer is acting up. When I got it back from the MB body shop (hail damage), it worked ok. Then, all of a sudden, it said "no cartridge)... then a couple minutes later it started saying "no CD Changer." It won't even eject the cartridge at this point (although the button lights up when you hit it).

I'm about ot go out and fiddle with it. I'm gonna take it off the mount and see if maybe a power cord is loose, or a fuse is blown somewhere.

If anyone has any ideas, please post them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
I would not mess with it too much. Unless you just have free time on your hands. Call the dealer & take it in.

·
Registered
51 Posts
CD PLAYER ?[:0] OLD HAT [|)]
get a connection lead for your mp3 player
like ZEN MICRO then you can have a multiplayer
with a choice of 1,200 tracks and no risk of
damaged or stolen CDs [8D]

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
I have been enjoying the OmniFi. Tought to beat having over 3500 songs handy. Beats having to listen to crappy DJ's and commercials.

·
Registered
'04 SLK 32 AMG
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eventually, I'll get an MP3/4 player, but not yet, I've got other things i want to spend my $$ on. This is what I've got.

I took the changer out, and figured out that one of the cd carrying arms of the cartridge was jammed in the changer. I managed to fix that....

HOWEVER, now the car recognizes and controls the cd changer (I can hear it shifting CD's), but no sound. I've checked and reched the connection.

I'm probably just gonna wait till I get my paycheck (later this week) and get a new head unit.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
If you are happy with your stock unit just take it in, it is covered under warranty.

If you are not happy with the stock HU (which is very understandable) just remember that the new HU will not control the stock CD Changer.

·
Registered
'04 SLK 32 AMG
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's true 430, that's why I'll go with something that's in dash CD (maybe even DVD, doubt that though) satellite capable (although I'm considering getting a small portable one that I can plug into the radio, and carry outside the car for when I'm in an airport or stuff like that), i'm not big on navigation... and I want some preouts because eventually I'll be replacing all my stock speakers and I'll amp everything.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 6-spd
206 Posts
Here is what worked for me.

Same problem, took CD magzine out, and use a can of compressed air (used to clean keyboard) with the plastic straw to blow out dust. I may be as simple as lint/dust in the player.

·
Registered
'04 SLK 32 AMG
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TLC... did you just blow out the actual cd player (in the trunk) or did you do the connection area's (F/O cable) as well?

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 6-spd
206 Posts
Took the CD magazine out of the player and placed the plastic straw extender in the top and used short blasts of the can compressed air (low psi) working toward the open area in the bottem. Like you would do cleaning off a computer keyboard.

I was surprised to see a small opening in the bottom of the player (allowing dust to rise up inside it).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts