Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2002 E320
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a wheel bearing kit, tie rod ends, and a couple gauge bulbs for my W210 and confirmed my order. Free shipping was included on this. I get the confirmation email for my order from them almost immediately. About 2 hours later I get an email from them saying my order was cancelled and that I won't be receiving any of my parts because the wheel bearing kits are out of stock and on back order. WTF? When I was ordering them and adding to cart it never mentioned them being out of stock. I need these parts now. I'll definitely take up this issue with them and call them, but I was wondering if there are any other similar websites to Autohaus for the parts I need with good pricing.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
rmeuropean.com and importec.com. Importec sells more aftermarket stuff, so be aware if you're not familiar with the brands.

My guess is that autohausaz had bad data when you ordered, that someone had failed to update the database properly and added a supply order they hadn't received. Definitely let them know, though. I've never had a problem with them in any respect.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 4-Matic
81 Posts
Feel half lucky you got an email. I had a similar problem when I ordered a radiator and hoses/clamps from Bavarian Auto, when we had our 5-Series. Guess what? the lower hose was on back order for 2 weeks, and no one called me, it just indicated that on bill of lading. Then 6 months later same story for wheel bearings...no notice, just missing from order when part of it showed up, and yes both times it showed in stock on catalog.

Only place I have had "man up" to their mistake is Rockauto.com. There catalog showed incorrect part #. I never realized it when part showed up, went out of town for 2 weeks, passing 30 day return policy. They credited my account 100%, thanked me for telling them, and I have not had to send the part back either.

I order everything I can from them when I am sure it is the correct part and OEM quality.

·
Registered
1999 E320, 1975 450SEL, 1979 280SE
377 Posts
Autohaus did the same thing to me... cancelled the entire order because one item was out of stock, even though the site worked when I placed the order. Also, on another order, two light bulbs that I ordered were placed into the same bag, with no cushion between them. One bulb arrived broken. How could anyone think that two glass bulbs, banging together in shipment, would arrive undamaged? I have found other places that do a little better....

·
Registered
1997 E320, 1997 S320
2,946 Posts
+1 on bmaparts. i have always been satisfied with them, and if you call them usually will get even cheaper price than one listed online. their online prices are similar to autohaus. but i usually buy whichever has oem parts cheaper, it's usually between autohaus, bmaparts, and rockauto. rockauto can be pretty cheap especially when the item is on sale, i remember buying axxis/pbr deluxe front pads for like $20 and mann oil filter for like $3 a few years ago, and everywhere else same pads were over $60.

·
Registered
2002 e320 4 Matic Wagon
364 Posts
I have ordered a few times from Autohaus and I'm happy with my orders, the way they were shipped + reasonable international shipping.
An error can happen when you are operating such a big business.
They certainly didn't do it on purpose.
I have a company and we always try to do the best we can
but sometimes things can fall between the cracks.
If the customer speaks we always try to do the best to make the customer happy.:)

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,690 Posts
The times when salesmen new what they are selling are long gone.
I always laugh when I go to local Kragen and ask for M8x1.25x50 bolt and the young salesman starts "what year is your car?"

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
I ordered from autohausaz about 5-7 times. One time, the shipment was delayed because they waited for some parts from somewhere so my plan to work on the car over the weekend was re-scheduled. They sent a computerized apology email. Another time, the signal light bulb was wrong. I said to myself, what the heck, I needed it NOW, went to Pep Boys, got 2 in a package at similar price.

·
Registered
gotta catch em all
34 Posts
Their policies are great for parts received that are faulty. But sometime their systems miss. A couple of weeks ago I received a bad coolant level sensor from them. I put in for a return authorization and ordered another one. I had to pay for the new one up front and they will credit the bad one when they inspect and find it bad.

They sent the new one (it works fine - no light) with free shipping and then sent a UPS label for me to return the bad one. The label was supposed to be sent automatically when requesting the return auth but was not; but a couple of emails back and forth and Tom in CS handled it. The label email comes from UPS (Autohaus Arizona [[email protected]])I have the label and will send it back tomorrow, and expect to see a credit on cc soon.

·
Registered
1997 e420 sport, 2001 e430
112 Posts
Regarding Autohaus, their customer service is horrible. It's their way or the highway. If something goes wrong with your order they will not help.Plus their shipping on smaller orders is double that of other sites.,so if you do have to send something back they will make you pay. A lot

·
Registered
1997 E320, 1997 S320
2,946 Posts
sorry to hear you had bad luck. one bad experience doesn't make autohaus bad. autohaus is a respectable seller used by members for a long time. don't forget they are a business and need to make a profit, but average american consumer is pretty spoiled and has a hard time understanding that a business goes bankrupt if they generate no profit. of course they will charge shipping on a small order since they are probably not making any profit on the order itself but only making $1.50 on shipping.

·
Registered
500SE AMG, E350 4matic, GL 450
5,853 Posts
I have had nothing but good experiences with autohausaz. The last parts I ordered but were not in stock, they called to let me know. In comparison to other suppliers, their prices are very good. Keep in mind with any business, it is not possible to please all of your customers all the time.

·
Registered
2000 E320 Sedan Base
227 Posts

·
Registered
1997 e420 sport, 2001 e430
112 Posts
sorry to hear you had bad luck. one bad experience doesn't make autohaus bad. autohaus is a respectable seller used by members for a long time. don't forget they are a business and need to make a profit, but average american consumer is pretty spoiled and has a hard time understanding that a business goes bankrupt if they generate no profit. of course they will charge shipping on a small order since they are probably not making any profit on the order itself but only making $1.50 on shipping.
I understand you may like them. However I have had much better experiencies with other online retailers. If you look around, you will see other parts stores are the same price when you add up shipping and handling. Also, I own a business and find that the best way to stay in business is to be straightforward with customers and build up goodwill. Your comments generalizing the American public as spoiled and only wanting something for nothing are harsh and untrue. I hope you don't work for Autohaus

·
Registered
1998 E320
196 Posts
Like a restaurant

Folks, Autohaus does a lot of business... just like a busy restaurant. From time to time there will be unhappy customers.

I had a call-back from a guy at Autohaus regarding a wiper blade insert. He worked thru the issue with me and I was happy.

People shop where they want to shop. If you want to buy from Autohaus (I buy most of my MB parts and some Toyota parts from them.) or if you want to buy from a competitor... go for it.

This thread is puzzling to me. Of course others have had issues with Autohaus for exactly the reasons stated above. I'm not defending them rather I wish to avoid seeing some sort of panic/ exodus from that company because a few people were not happy.:surrender:

·
Registered
1997 E320, 1997 S320
2,946 Posts
I understand you may like them. However I have had much better experiencies with other online retailers. If you look around, you will see other parts stores are the same price when you add up shipping and handling. Also, I own a business and find that the best way to stay in business is to be straightforward with customers and build up goodwill. Your comments generalizing the American public as spoiled and only wanting something for nothing are harsh and untrue. I hope you don't work for Autohaus
you misunderstood me, all i was trying to say is that one bad experience is not enough to come to the conclusion and write all over the internet that autohaus has horrible customer service, especially when lots of members have usually been very satisfied with them. i don't work for autohaus and to tell you the truth most of the time i buy from bmaparts and been happier with them as i have mentioned earlier in this thread. i apologize if i offended you in any means.

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
I have never had a problem with autohaus either for MB parts, or with the parts I order on behlaf of a non-profit "fleet" of vehicles.

Of course I take advantage of free freight on over $50 orders where I reasonably can, the free freight cutoff is straight forward to me.

Their customer service on the sales side by phone, if I want to double-check in-stock status of a time cirtical part, or ask a question regarding a part, has always been straight forward and smooth. My experience with good auto parts suppliers is that a quick phone call during business hours is the most time effective way to handle those types of issues.

I do buy from other sources, when specific circumstances warrant.

I am not saying autohaus is God, but their site is accessible and no "tricks" to learn how to navigate to source a part.

The OP "autohausaz problems" in my mind is taking a relatively small matter overall, and escalating the proportion of it, since to that individual it was critical to him at that time.

Keep the beat !

·
Registered
1999 E430; 2005 ML500
1,686 Posts
This is a problem that many companies face today. They consider Receiving and Inventory Control to be non-value-added tasks. In today's computerized high-speed world, accurate data is extremely valuable, so hopefully Autohaus gets the message before their reputation starts sinking.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts