Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am about to own my first MB, I already reserved a 2008 C280; but the system here sucks, I have to wait at least 5 more months for the delivery.

Anyway... Do you have any information about problems regarding this model? I hate to buy a new car and spend most of the time at the dealer shop as is the case with my actual car.

Please advise if you know anything!

·
Registered
2006 C280
196 Posts
Our USA C300 Luxury is your C280 Elegance, with the 17" wheels from the Avantgarde as standard. Our car is now going on 10 months old, with 8300 miles [13,000 kms].

We have had zero issues with this car, the first time I can say that with any of our Mercedes [see my history]. It is quick, quiet, a joy on longer trips, comfortable, and the best handling MB I've had. Best brakes, too.

On longer freeway/motorway/autoroute/autobahn trips, we have consistently achieved 28 mpg with the AC running full blast, often with ambient temps in the high 90-100 degree F range. I can't say enough good things about this car.

My only complaint is that I wish we could buy the new 4 cyl turbodiesel in the US market; is it available in Egypt? That would be my first choice of the W204 line. In any case, I'm a happy owner, and do not hesitate to recommend this car.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
I've had the C300 Sport (US version with 3.0L V6) for about 7 months and covered 9800 miles. Only 1 minor defect (rear door luck button fell off) so far, otherwise a flawless car. Quick acceleration and smooth, flat handling on standard 17" wheels, Michelin tires. This car is a huge improvement over the previous C-class (C240) that I previously owned. I would not hesitate to recommend this car.

·
Registered
272 Posts
No problems at all. Quick around town and smooth on the highway. Bit late to ask though, if you've already ordered it!

Hope the replies will stop you worrying for 5 months.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2011 E350 Sport
148 Posts
I have a c300 with P2 and we love the car. It handles great, smooth, quiet, and it's beautiful. You won't be dissappointed!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx a lott guys, nice knowing that I made a good choice .. :)

jrct9454A: we don't have turbodiesel engines in the Egyptian market at all !!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Am about to own my first MB, I already reserved a 2008 C280; but the system here sucks, I have to wait at least 5 more months for the delivery.

Anyway... Do you have any information about problems regarding this model? I hate to buy a new car and spend most of the time at the dealer shop as is the case with my actual car.

Please advise if you know anything!
Canadian version is the C300 Sport , 3L V-6. Since we ordered this car with the COMAND option, delivery took almost 6 months (so don't despair, you're not alone). Just finished the break-in @ 1500 kms. and no problems with the car. We're happy. :)

·
Registered
2008 Arctic White W204 C350 Sport AMG Pack+Advanged Agility Pack, and 2008 B170 Facelift.
105 Posts
6-Months

Yes you must wait, and I won't be surprised if they inform me to wait more after 6 months expired......As long as they keep up the original standards.
Heard something about production was stopped and re-started ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts