Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car back from the dealer, some problems seem corrected. The rattles are muffled as the dealer must have used felt or something like it. I am sure the rattles will reappear. The roff still does not work right as the trunk cover falls to really lock, if I press on the cover(not the handle that releases it) the cover releases. Of course the tech wrote could not verify customers concern but I showed the service director & head tech it. The cloudiness in the center of the windshield that spreads left & right & seems like you are looking out of cataracts is still there, the head tech called MB & they said I am the first but have no fix at this time. This is a safety hazard as if you try to clean with dry towel it just spreads. So it is a safety concern. There are other things also. I called MB HQ's in NJ & asked the operator for Paul Haladas office who is the CEO, the switchboard operator asked why & I said it is with a problem car which is a lemon & her reply would you rather speak to the lemon dept.,I asked the person in Haladas office about this & she said there is no lemon dept. & I asked to complain about the switchboard operator but she could care less. This is my 4th & last MB.

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
The glass part should be fairly easy because it just needs to be striped. Take pure white vinegar and mix with about 10% pure lemon juice. Use a clean spray bottle and spray on and let sit for 5 minutes. Then re spray and use newspaper (B&W) to remover. Repeat process then buff with more newspaper and you will have nothing but glass.[;)]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts