Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I love my new slk and for the most part everything is done well. However, there is a constant problem of white spots appearing on the black plastic panels in the interior. I have heard some simular comments and am wondering if the plastic is falty. A car of the quality of this should not show spots and require cleaning on a daily basis.

Additionally the leather seats seem to be stretching a bit fast in this car. I know someone who owns one of the old slk's and after 4 years the leather has less stretching than my car and the interior never shows white spots.

As customers what do you all feel we can ask our dealers to do about this?

·
Registered
2005 SLK 55 AMG
372 Posts
It seems that if I just breathe on the rubber stuff I get a white mark. What is the treatment. I tried 303products and really loused it up because there wasn't enough in the sample to do the job correctly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I emailed my dealer. Hopefully something will be done. If you bourght from sugarland send them an email.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
CP1 - 2/16/2005 8:52 PM

It seems that if I just breathe on the rubber stuff I get a white mark. What is the treatment. I tried 303products and really loused it up because there wasn't enough in the sample to do the job correctly.
Strangely enough, that is kind of the mixed blessing of having gotten the ash interior; while many think the light nature of it would be harder to keep clean, it doesn't have that "white mark" nature of the black...[:0][:0][:0]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts