Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
MBENZ ML320, AUDI A4 SPORT, MBENZ C230K SS (current)
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of problems should i expect in a c-class sedan or coupe? any engine problems, lights, body noise, and etc.?? i had a discussion with some of my family members and they kinda want to trade in my ML to a c-class sedan or a coupe. thx again

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did the same!

I traded my 2001 ML 320 (to many problems, 14 in 2 years) for a 2003 C240 4MATIC,already I have 5000 kms, no problems, very happy!

·
Registered
MBENZ ML320, AUDI A4 SPORT, MBENZ C230K SS (current)
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
should i avoid the earlier models of the C-class?...

should i avoid the earlier models of the C-class?

·
Registered
2013 ML350, 2004 ML350
335 Posts
nice to see you still looking in the benz family

In the 01 C320 we've had a couple of problems but nothing severe (lights *suprise*) and other minor problems. The most severe was when the driver's side door pannel died and my mom (she's 5'0") had to drive the car into the service bay because the tech couldn't move the seat back [:p] Another thing is our C has a random clunking noise in the suspension that the dealer is looking into still... other than that no problems like what you've had... and again sorry to hear about it

·
Registered
2015 ML250 BTC
1,314 Posts
We got an '02 "C" because of the '00 ML

No problems with either: ~66K, ML430; and, ~12K, C320. Both are impressive--the best autos we've ever owned.

The 320 engine and trans probably will last forever in the lighter C-class. As you can imagine, being about 1,000 lbs lighter than a ML320, the 320 engine provides plenty of performance, even on big hills with big adults onboard.

Surprisingly, four adults of about any size can easily fit into the sedan model.

·
Registered
C 111 Nardo
9,454 Posts
$0.02

Really depends on needs.

Boy-6 should figure out what his needs are.

As for you Chuck, I think you should consult with Gracie first. What kind of accomodations would she require on long trips, what about leg and head room?
Dogs are people too you know
[;)]

·
Registered
C 111 Nardo
9,454 Posts
If Gracie likes convertibles...

...this is your chance to make amends!

Get one of the two remaining cars (out of the total ~100) produced between 1905 and 1907 on Long Island, but do not tell her Steinway's employees built it.

On a related subject, my wife and I are going to the race in Talladega in Sept. and we are thinking that we might make a hook by Tuscaloosa to visit the MB factory. Have you been there and would you recommend it? I think they've expanded a bit in the last couple of years, to allow a doubling of production and room for the GST.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts