Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 27/Jan/2005
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys...

I have a problem here and would like to share it with you all.

My car comes with the very basic Audio 20. I realised that using the 'UP' and 'DOWN' button on the steering wheel when I'm in the AUDIO menu, rather than changing preset stations 0~9, it scans the frequency band for the next closes channel. Do you guys experience this problem?

Jon

·
Registered
SLK350
365 Posts
Yep, you are right.

For some reason it works like that. My BMW is much cleverer - if you press the button it goes to the next preset, if you keep it in for a second or so, it starts to scan. Two functions with the one button.

Also, you cannot autostore fm stations to the preset. (Strangely, you can do it with AM)

But then, with preset not working from the s/wheel, what is the point of having preset anyway?

roadsta

·
Registered
SLK 27/Jan/2005
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you are right man... wad's the point of having the buttons on the steering wheel when you cannot change presets??? >_<

Jon

·
Registered
'05 SLK350
67 Posts
I know in my C200 I had to go into the menu setup pages ("convenience" page I think) and specify the up/down buttons for station pre-sets, not scan up and down as was the factory default. Go luck with it.

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
Phill B - 2/7/2005 9:08 AM

I know in my C200 I had to go into the menu setup pages ("convenience" page I think) and specify the up/down buttons for station pre-sets, not scan up and down as was the factory default. Go luck with it.
Could you please give more info on where and how to find the "menu setup pages".

·
Registered
SLK 350
27 Posts
I think in the new SLK this option is not there in the menu, which is very disappointing, I used to have it in my CLK. If anybody knows otherwise, please let us know!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts