Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 MB SLK 200 Komp
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With pain in my hart I saw that my seats, driver and passenger side(at the headrest height), are damage by the safety belt, it's look like that it bring friction (every time that you wear the belt) on the leather which have as consequences that the leather will be damage (lose his color). Do some one also have notice this problem? I think that I go to the dealer to make a case of; I have the car for only 4 months and for a car like this it not suppose to happen yet.

·
Registered
SLK350
475 Posts
That is very curious. You are not the only owner to experience premature wearing in the seat leather. Mostly owners of Black seats seem to have the problems. I have the Berry Red leather and have not had any problems so far. I have had my car about 2.5 months and almost 1000 miles (1600K). My leather looks as good as the day I picked up the car.

Hope the dealer corrects the problem.

Roberta[:)][:)][:)]

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
When I saw the black leather in my SLK, my first thought was that it wasn't going to wear very well. It appears that I may be right???

·
Registered
SL550
949 Posts
No problem with seat leather, but...

After about 1400 miles I see no wear on the seat bottoms or the area where the seat belt pulls across the seat back. My car has the standard solid black interior. We usually make short trips. So, even though the mileage is low for 3+ months, we have been in and out of the seats plenty of times.

However, the MB leather jacket that my wife gave her fanatic husband as a gift is not holding up very well. The edge along the front of the coat is already showing signs of wear. Most likely cause seems to be the SLK seat belt.

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
985 miles and no wear anywhere on my seats. Not even a single crease and they look brand new except for occasional butt impressions left on them which mostly bounce back the following day. I've found that nappa leather in car seats have a high resistance to creasing and wrinkling. The nappa in the my audi held up extremely well after 3 years of ownership while the cheapo leather acura uses in their seats turned into a origami prune in less than a year. Kudos to MB for using the good stuff on their cars. Perhaps those with problems got a bad batch of leather? Is that even possible?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts