Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My problems occure when I've decide to take out my instrument cluster - everything's fine but - SRS light on for two minutes also my doors wont lock with buton on dashboard or with remote key and when i open/close my trunk the pow over registration plate stay closed permament,when I revers gear the antenas not rise up at left and right of the backside ot the w140 S350 from 1995. Search in forum but find only for SRS ,and probable because of my mistake ( not disconect the battery) I'll go to service to reset the error with Star Diagnosis. BUT the thing that bother me is problem with other vacum things.I checked vacum pump under back - it work .Also the doors wont lock,but vaccum of power closing is ok. Check all fuses at front and in the trunk - ok. Is any connection betwin SRS error and problem with locking of doors and trunk like prevent funktion (or only I hope to be :)
:surrender:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
SRS is fixed,problem with vacuum stay.As I write yesterday fuses,pump under backseat checked. AC and vacuum closing assist of doors work corect,the pump in trunk whistles fine (about 5 sec,after closing door)
Is there any hint to reset pumps. Do someone use Star Diagnosis about vacuum - could programe found issue,or I'vo got to disasemble vacuum lines (which seems to be black work) . Door locking, trunk vacuum and locking, and antenas that come up on reverse gear are problem areas. Actualy are these functions attached to pump under backseat or in the trunk? Where I could found vacuum shemes of pumps?
Any ideas are welcome!

·
Registered
1995 Mercedes-Benz S420 (W140), 1997 BMW 740iL (E38), 2011 C300 Luxury (W204)
1,314 Posts
SRS is fixed,problem with vacuum stay.As I write yesterday fuses,pump under backseat checked. AC and vacuum closing assist of doors work corect,the pump in trunk whistles fine (about 5 sec,after closing door)
Is there any hint to reset pumps. Do someone use Star Diagnosis about vacuum - could programe found issue,or I'vo got to disasemble vacuum lines (which seems to be black work) . Door locking, trunk vacuum and locking, and antenas that come up on reverse gear are problem areas. Actualy are these functions attached to pump under backseat or in the trunk? Where I could found vacuum shemes of pumps?
Any ideas are welcome!
Your door locking, trunk handle, reverse antenna are controlled by the pump under rear seat

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok,I check today everything,TOTALY EVERYTHING

found that the black tnings that come from the pump,their uper part (it's like little tubes) are broke or cracked because i've read and disasembly the hoses of vacuum lines very gently and slowly with two flat screwdrives - only one was not broken,but cracked bad.Stupid moment is that,these black things are part of the pupm inside,not part of the cover only. I used elastic glue end stick them tightly.Everytnigs fine - problem reduced 50% - I have locking of doors, but no unlocking... think that problem is inside the pump.
To open the pump I've got to deatached all vaccum lines - again. Do it. Checked all vac.lines one by one manualy they are tottaly fine,no leaks,everytnigs work doors lock/unlock also reverse aid antens trunk lock/unlock

I've Open the pump - a lot of black dust blahh :(( - motor works fine check all connections no broken parts come out of it. Connect the pump and check again door locking AND HERE IS THE PROBLEM - locking and the vacuum persist I used my finger it strong sucking power. BUT traing unlock there is VACUUM AGAIN!! I thing that it must be pressure at that moment to push the butons up! Try diferent functions I only tnig I've discovered is that I have a lot of VACUUM/SUCKING but NO PRESSURE/BLOWING.
How the thing is command,what I've got to do to fix this nerve me badly pump?
Motor spins excelent, how to made it work revers...? help

·
Registered
W220 S320 CDI 2005; W140 S280 1994 (Sold Nov. 2012)
867 Posts
I'm not sure that the pump runs in reverse to generate pressure. When the pump is running, it must generate suction on its input side and pressure on its output side. So may be it is the solenoid valve which is not switching the pressure line on to the door lock hose. I'm not sure of this explanation but, from when I had my pump apart, I do seem to remember that the pump vanes are not radially-symmetric, implying - at least, to me - that the pump only runs in one direction.

Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats right - reading on the web found that blowin/sucking is controled by a valve - but I don't know where or what is it I'll post pics.
Thanks !

·
Registered
867 Posts
Thats right - reading on the web found that blowin/sucking is controled by a valve - but I don't know where or what is it I'll post pics.
Thanks !
There are about 4 solenoid valves mounted on the centre pcb in the PSE unit casing: they're the things with copper coils and have black pneumatic connections on one end. Don't know how you would check them, though.

Good luck,

Mike

·
Registered
867 Posts
probably the things called solenoid are coils with black tubes,right how i can open the black ones?
Your unit appears to have a rather different design of innards to mine so it's difficult to comment on the pictures - but, yes, those are the solenoid valves. On reflection, it may not be a valve sticking or malfunctioning: it could be that one of the pneumatically-operated switches is not operating properly.

I guess it's possible - but difficult, no doubt - to trace from the pneumatic line, on the top of the unit, that supplies the door lock actuators back to the corresponding solenoid valve. May be the pneumatic switches close to the valve are the ones that control it. I guess I would look for obvious problems and clean the contacts. Personally, I certainly wouldn't start taking the solenoid valves apart, certainly not at this stage - that sounds like the 'nuclear' option to me.

Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Probably you are right about taking apart of the solenoid valves!
I've used contact spray all contact surface areas.Nothing.
Pneumatically-operated switches - what exactly they are?

Mike, I want to thank you for the time and advices you shared with me,about my problem with pse.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Probably you are right about taking apart of the solenoid valves!
I've used contact spray all contact surface areas.Nothing.
Pneumatically-operated switches - what exactly they are?

Mike, I want to thank you for the time and advices you shared with me,about my problem with pse.
My pleasure - but my advice is not always that valuable - ask my wife! I have just checked and Peter Guenther is correct (of course) - this pump is radially-symmetric and does reverse to provide pressure. It is the pump for the soft-close function which is asymmetric and non-reversing.

So may be your problem is with the relays. I assume - but don't know - that the 2 relays shown in your first pic perform the reversing of the voltage connections to the motor. I can't see whether you said that the reversing aids and the trunk handle are working properly: these also require vacuuim and pressure. Is vacuum and pressure being supplied to any of these functions? If it is, then the problem is presumably not the relays; if none of them get pressure then it points to the relays - or the ccts controlling the relays. That's how it looks from where I'm sitting, anyway.

Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Revers aid and trink lock/unlock vacuum lines I've checked manualy. Attaching the pump the aid bars sucked in,and the trunk locked,put not come out or unlock.
About the relays,when the pump is working while i press the buton on dashboard for door lock/unlock the relays close and open circle,but tomorow I'll check again relays. I've checked the springs of the back of relays ther are ok.Could you give me points that i've got to follow while inspectation of relays.To reverse the motor moving - how relay must be ..
I'll post more detayll pictures of two relays

btw you said "ccts controlling the relays",what is ccts?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Looking at your second pic, it looks to me as if the red and black connections to the motor have been resoldered on the pcb: was that you or the previous owner? I would check what the voltage is between those two connections when you press 'lock' and 'unlock'.

Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mike, unfortunately the problem is inside the black plank where are solenoids,probably something stick.I disasemble the motor inside,rotor,brushes,check voltage,relays clicks proprely,try with compressed air and vac.pump in end out direction. Nothing stay the same position. i expect new one tomorrow!
Mike,once again thanks a lot. Wish you health and good luck :)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Sorry to hear that - but you win some and you lose some. You certainly gave it your best shot.

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
MBs Opels Jaguar
22 Posts
Hello,

May I join you this post.

I have a problem with my PSE pump which seems to be quite different from yours. My car is a 1998 W140, PN140 800 29 48.
The pump seems to have an internal leaking since when it start giving pressure or vacuum both will apply through P+ and P- at the same time until both activities are timeout. Other 3 remaining functions are working fine. I don't know if there is a damage inside the air channel plate or the solenoids.

Wonder if you guys had this experience before that can share with me.

I like to work on a bench testing but don't have the easy diagram for connecting the cables. Do you have a simple one as I don't need to test for other function other than the P+ and P-

Thank you,
Chalie

·
Registered
MBs Opels Jaguar
22 Posts
Mike, unfortunately the problem is inside the black plank where are solenoids,probably something stick.I disasemble the motor inside,rotor,brushes,check voltage,relays clicks proprely,try with compressed air and vac.pump in end out direction. Nothing stay the same position. i expect new one tomorrow!
Mike,once again thanks a lot. Wish you health and good luck :)
Did you try to open the plank. How is it like.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts