Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SLK320 ; 2000 E320
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I replaced the battery in my keyless remote, but unfortunately the remote is still not working. The Led does light up, so I know the new battery is working properly; however, it does not unlock or lock the car. I have been using this remote since I got the car last May and it just stopped working yesterday. Any clues as to what could be wrong? Is there anyway to reprogram the remote? Any ideas would be great. Thank you in advance,

·
Registered
1999 SLK230 Kompressor
332 Posts
You may need to re-synchronize the remote. The procedure is covered in the owner's manual. It consists of a series of twists and turns of the key in the ignition to the on position, etc, etc. This may correct the problem.

Also, if you had the battery out of the remote for too long you may have accidentally reset the settings that were stored in memory. If this is the case then to the best of my knowledge only your local dealer will be able to reprogram the key with your settings. I hope this helps you out!

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
Katika - 3/25/2005 11:16 PM

You may need to re-synchronize the remote. The procedure is covered in the owner's manual. It consists of a series of twists and turns of the key in the ignition to the on position, etc, etc. This may correct the problem.
From the manual:

"Synchronizing remote control

The system may have to be resynchronized, if the
transmitter is without voltage for several minutes.

To synchronize system, aim transmitter eye at vehicle
and briefly press transmit button (Unlock) or (Lock) twice. Within approximately 30 seconds insert key in steering lock and turn it to position 2.

The remote control should once again be operational."

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 6-spd
206 Posts
My key came programmed with one press to unlock drivers door, second press to unlock passenger door and trunk. I have found out you can change the key setup if your like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts