Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Blaupunkt mp3000 in my 96 C280. Bought the radio with harness adaptor from crutchfield. I have two problems. 1: there is a constant hissing in the background which does not get louder with volume. When volume is at 0 there is none, when volume is at one or higher the hissing is present. 2: When I turn off power to the car the radio losses all memory settings and sets back to default settings. Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for the c280 so I can be sure my wire connections are correct? Is there something else I should know? Why is there an extra set of plugs that does not plug in to the adaptor for the radio?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes,<br> <br> I found the diagram and the constant power and ignition power lines were switched. We fixed that and I do not have the memory problem anymore but the hiss is still there. We put the original deck back in and found out that the hiss is present with the MB deck, it is just so low that you can hardly hear it so I never noticed it. With the blaupunkt it is very loud. Any ideas? Nothing else has been changed in the car. Could it be the factory amp? Where is the factory amp located?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it sounds like you may have a ground loop noise you can try installing a ground isolator crutchfield carries them I think or just try to connect the ground to another part of the car rather then where it's connected already could also be coming from some other part of the system if you can by pass the amp and see if the noise is still there. I had a noise problem in my car after installing a headunit amps and after some trouble shooting I found the noise was due to bad ground. Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts