Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML350, 2013 328i
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of my new ML 350 a month ago. It was running well and I was using the Comand APS ok until these 2 days when it stopped reading the navigation DVD. It either gave the "CD 0 error" message after I inserted the DVD or not making an attempt to read and keeping asking for the Navigation DVD to put in.

Have you guys had the same problem before? Did not expect my ML to have problem so soon!!

·
Registered
97 E420/04 C230K/07 ML350/07 CLK 350/07 E350
14 Posts
Follow the manual and try a reset on the Command unit. It will loose all the memorized radio stations though but you can reprogram everything afterwards

·
Registered
2007 ML350, 2013 328i
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Over the past few days, the COMAND APS was able to read the navigation DVD again!! However, it will fail again when I deliberately eject the disc and insert it back . It just fail to recognise the disc ,and therefore; not able to read it. Am I supposed not to eject the navigation DVD at all? People without the CD changer have to use the same slot to play music CD though.

I wonder if resetting the system can solve the problem.

·
Registered
2006 Mercedes-Benz ML320 CDI Sport - Fully Loaded!
46 Posts
You can force a reboot by doing the following:

Press 'NAV'.
Press and Hold '3+5+7' for 5 seconds.
The COMAND system will lock up and the screen go blank before rebooting itself.

·
Registered
2007 Alpine Rain/Ash ML320 CDI
300 Posts
Somebody else can chime in but on my 07 ML320 there is a CD player and a separate Navigation DVD player. The Navigation DVD is only used for the Nav system and cannot be used for any other purpose unless you modifiy it. The Nav DVD must remain in at all times to use the system. CD's are played on the other device. Both are behind the tilt screen.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Somebody else can chime in but on my 07 ML320 there is a CD player and a separate Navigation DVD player. The Navigation DVD is only used for the Nav system and cannot be used for any other purpose unless you modifiy it. The Nav DVD must remain in at all times to use the system. CD's are played on the other device. Both are behind the tilt screen.
Same configuration for my 08 ML350..:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a an error when I inserted Nav/MAP Command Update DVD on my 2009 ML350 and I found out that you get the message "disc unreadable" if you do not take out all your music cds first (I removed all 6) then put the update disc back in (disc 1 slot) and it worked perfectly. I did not find anywhere on these forums that mentioned this but it would have saved me a lot of time.Just empty all cds before you put in the map update dvd. Be prepared to run your vehicle for at least an hour or two while the update takes place. I hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
2006 ML320 CDi, 3.0-litre Diesel 7G-Tronic
1,204 Posts
Isn't it better to put this in a new thread so a moderator can make it an easy to find sticky?

This is an old thread, 2008?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts