Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Comand 2.0 Satnav system has been working exceptionally well upto 3 days ago! In the morning I started the car and the loyal satnav couldn’t find any satellites and it ccame up with 00 Sat message on the right hand corner of the map display. Seems like the satnav antenna has given up. I have taken the car to the car wash couple of times recently and may be that is the reason why antenna is not working.

I checked it With SteveNL and apparently MB dealer star diagnostic system can check the antenna and report if the antenna is faulty.

Has anyone else had this problem with their MCS or Comand 2.0 antenna? Does anyone know what is the latest operating system upgrade for Comand 2.0?Thanks.

·
Registered
99ML320 (retired) C230 530xi 911-C4
2,229 Posts
kia - 4/11/2005 7:48 PM

My Comand 2.0 Satnav system has been working exceptionally well upto 3 days ago! In the morning I started the car and the loyal satnav couldn’t find any satellites and it ccame up with 00 Sat message on the right hand corner of the map display. Seems like the satnav antenna has given up. I have taken the car to the car wash couple of times recently and may be that is the reason why antenna is not working.

I checked it With SteveNL and apparently MB dealer star diagnostic system can check the antenna and report if the antenna is faulty.

Has anyone else had this problem with their MCS or Comand 2.0 antenna? Does anyone know what is the latest operating system upgrade for Comand 2.0?Thanks.
Try tightening antenna roof connection.
Otherwise you may be right - car washes are notorious for frying antennas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts