Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I just bought 18" Brabus rims and put them on yesterday, but when I drive 40 mph and up, the car starts to shake....I brought it back to the place I had them installed, but they said that it wasn't a problem with the installation, it was the wheels and they didn't know what was wrong with it. Does anyone know what the problem could be[?] I bought the wheels off a guy that had them on his CLK with no problems, so I'm hoping it's not something wrong with my car....Any input will be appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
1999 CLK430
25 Posts
it sounds like it could just be a balancing issue. Have the wheels rebalanced. Good luck....

it sounds like it could just be a balancing issue. Have the wheels rebalanced. Good luck.

·
Registered
CLK430
38 Posts
I had the same problem after hitting a pothole with my Carlsson 19in 2/5. The rim was be...

I had the same problem after hitting a pothole with my Carlsson 19in 2/5. The rim was bent on the inside, I had it fixed at a rim repair shop for around $100

·
Registered
C220 CDI T A & A200 CDI A
263 Posts
Before worrying about bent rims, please check the tyre rotation direction. Some tyres re...

Before worrying about bent rims, please check the tyre rotation direction. Some tyres result in bad shaking if rotating in wrong direction. Changing the rotation direction is cheaper than fixing the rim. Let's hope that this time the source for shaking it is this easy to remove!

-T

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input, but I took the car back to Just Tires again and they rebalanced it a...

Thanks for the input, but I took the car back to Just Tires again and they rebalanced it and said everything was ok, but they didn't take a look at the tire rotation direction. I don't think the rims are bent because before I bought them I checked them out without the tires on. Does anyone know if I have to put on a ring inside to make it hub-centric? I remember reading about that somewhere. Thanks for the advice
[:)]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts