Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my OEM grill with the Avantgarde Grill. However, I had a problem openning the hood since the tounge/latch kept catching one of the strips. I was able to get around it by cutting a small piece of the strip above the tounge....not very nice but I couldn't think of any other way to fix it. Anyone else who upgraded their grill had this problem? How did you fix it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
same deal here. just put one on and had to use a dremel to cut away for the latch and cut some on the bottom corners for the retainer clips to fit.

·
Registered
190E 2.0
5 Posts
cheerd RDM3, that'll do nicely!
dude seriouldy a supercharged M3 that thing must be SERIOUSLY fast!
ps sorry i know this is a Mercedes fourm! :p

·
Registered
1997 Dinan BMW M3; 1985 190e 2.3, 2013 Jeep Wrangler
1,382 Posts
Banbutcher - 3/21/2006 4:04 PM

Yeah it is quick, it is an auto, I know I get busted on alot for being an auto, but it has a 3.91 diff in it which makes a huge difference, it has the Dinan Supercharger kit, Dinan Big Bore Throttle Body, and an AA Exhaust with all that at 6-7 psi it puts out 360hp at the crank.

here are more pics

http://www.e36m3.net

·
Registered
93 190E Sportline
31 Posts
Okay ...I posted this in another but still am trying to fix the pull. I also cut away some for the metal latch but do you need to cut both top fins? I have broken the original toung and a new toung. Something is getting in a bind. Do I need to cut some of the strip as wide as the toung or just for the metal latch that is in the way? This is getting expensive!!!

·
Registered
1992 190e
204 Posts
RDM3 - 3/21/2006 4:21 PM

Banbutcher - 3/21/2006 4:04 PM

Yeah it is quick, it is an auto, I know I get busted on alot for being an auto, but it has a 3.91 diff in it which makes a huge difference, it has the Dinan Supercharger kit, Dinan Big Bore Throttle Body, and an AA Exhaust with all that at 6-7 psi it puts out 360hp at the crank.

here are more pics

http://www.e36m3.net

That is a beautiful car RDM3 [:)]

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I know that on the W124 you have to switch to a different hood release with a kink in it if you go to the S600 grill. I don't have the exact part number.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts