Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
93 300SD, 99 S600
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed an Alpine 3rd generation CD changer Model 002 820 5989 in my '93 300SD in 1996. It worked flawlessly for 6 years. Recently it would load the CD but not play it. You could select any CD and it would go to it but would not play it. The display says "Load". I removed it and my local Mercedes dealership sent it to Alpine in NJ. It came back and worked OK for 2 months.Thn the same problem occurred. It was returned under warranty and when I got it back it still didn't work. It was returned and they sent me a 3 year old repaired unit which still didn't work! The Radio, Tape player , Amplifier all work great. Any suggestions. I miss the Great CD sound system.

March 19, 2003: I found the problem. It seems that the interface was defective. A microprocesser in the interface was defective. I removed it and reinstalled it and it re-booted itself and worked. The next time it goes on the fritz I will simply get a new interface. The repaired unit I got back from Alpine worked fine in my '99 S600.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts