Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1994 C220 Elegance 220,000km
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 1994 C220 Elegance, and I am having an intermittent problem with the climate control / ventilation / air conditioning system and the horn.

Most of the time, everything works perfectly, but occasionally when I start the car, the aircon system and horn are dead. Nothing works in the aircon control panel, except that I can switch the "REST" light on and off by repeatedly pressing the button - 4 or 5 presses and it comes on, another 4 or 5 presses and it goes off. While in this mode, the horn does not work either.

And then, hey presto, evrything works again - sometimes after using the car another four or five times, and sometimes during the same session.

Must be something related to both the horn and the aircon system. I have recently replaced the multi-function relay that controls the wipers and indicators, but this problem existed before that replacement. I had rather hoped it was related to that as well.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I'd start by checking for 12 volts at the horn relay, and your going to have to get a wiring diagram to see the supply to the AC controller is coming from.

Worst case is that you could run a couple of new wires, and if it solves the problem you're good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts