Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2x 1986 190E 2.3 16V Cosworth, 1975 450SE, 1995 E320 Convertible
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)
Ok. After sending the vehicle to a offical dealer (Mercedes Benz of South Orlando)= All of them are idiots believe me..
Mercedes Benz AG Germany should seize their dealership. I really dont know how they try to service these vehicles because they do not know anything. I asked them to diagnose what is wrong with the vehicle. After the car spent 3 days over there I received a voice mail says that they came up with something. Here is the story. The guy who thinks that he is a service supervisor and seems he knows everything told me that they diagnosed the vehicle and did not come up with any codes. Guess this. I scanned the vehicle before I sent it there with the tow truck with my $25 scanner and received 14 codes which is all misfire codes on the left bank of the engine. He said that there may be a internal engine damage and they want to do compression test ($950) and may be they can come up with something. I said thank you mr.mercedes benz guy but anyway I will take my car to a best known private european service in town. If you asked me why I did not take the car first to that place I really dont know. Maybe I wanted to see if those OFFICAL mercedes service improved themselves.:)
Anyways I took the car private service and they scanned the car and guess what. They found the same codes that I ve had earlier. They said that there is a ignition controller unit between two cylinder heads which sends signal to both coil packs on both banks. It does not sending signal to bank1 and the vehicle does not have ignition on left side of the engine. It is a $650 part. they changed it in the same day and the car runs perfect now. All I want to say is the OFFICAL DEALERSHIP AND SERVICE IS AGAIN FAILED AND STILL TRYING TO STEAL PEOPLES MONEY AND BELIEVE ME THEY DO NOT KNOW ANY SH..T ABOUT THE CARS. ALL THEY KNOW IS HOW TO CHANGE OIL AND ROTATE TIRES......
thank you

·
Registered
W215-CL500, W208-CLK320, W140-300SE
641 Posts
Thanks for sharing....my experience has been that Service Mgr's don't always know cars at all, but are just pencil pushing geeks, that have the ability to charm unsuspecting customers out of money for un-needed repairs.

I hate thieves and would report them to MBZ USA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too hate MB South Orlando! The other MB dealer in Maitland is no better. What was your service advisors name there?

Also who is the guy who was able to solve your problem? I have a S500
which needs repair, so looking for an honest/quality shop in Orlando.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts