Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes 1999 E320
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I am not new to servicing brakes on my cars. However, I have a Mercedes 1999 E320 that I recently purchased. I am working on the front passenger caliper. I have removed the 2 mounting bolts on the back side. I have tapped the top and bottom of the caliper with a hammer, which is usually all that is required to remove the calipers. However, they will not budge! I removed a metal retaining spring and that does not help. The rotor spins freely so I am assuming it has not seized.

Any ideas---thanks!

Zak

·
Registered
07 E63 + 07 CLK63 Cab
64 Posts
Hello All!

I am not new to servicing brakes on my cars. However, I have a Mercedes 1999 E320 that I recently purchased. I am working on the front passenger caliper. I have removed the 2 mounting bolts on the back side. I have tapped the top and bottom of the caliper with a hammer, which is usually all that is required to remove the calipers. However, they will not budge! I removed a metal retaining spring and that does not help. The rotor spins freely so I am assuming it has not seized.

Any ideas---thanks!

Zak
Try using a C clamp to compress the pistons of the caliper, you may have a ridge on the outside of the rotor which is keeping the caliper in place, just a thought. Also make sure the retaining pins are released from the caliper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts