Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone smarter than me explain in detail how to post a picture or two on this site and forum. Your advice is greatly appriciated. Getting old I guess. Thanks.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
52,804 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
A couple of additional points not mentioned in the link above.

1. Try to use jpg/jpeg format. Most camera shots will be in that.
2. Don't use too large a file size, as the picture might appear very large. The site specifies 688KB for a jpg. 800 x 800. If your file is over this, reduce the image size.
3. Before you hit the Send button after loading the image to your post, click Preview and take a look at the picture you have loaded. It gives you the opportunity to cancel the post and start again if it looks wrong. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks keyhole, I am learning by the minute. Just opened up Microsoft Paint to do my size reduction and saved them as jpeg. For us Old timers it's an endless process of learning.

·
52,804 Posts
Thanks keyhole, I am learning by the minute. Just opened up Microsoft Paint to do my size reduction and saved them as jpeg. For us Old timers it's an endless process of learning.
We are all old timers, me you and Keyhole LOL. But nothing is impossible. We are all in primary school again :D

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My first attempt.

This will be my first attempt to post a picture and a big thanks to all of you
who helped me in this conquest of old brain tissue.

·
52,804 Posts
Really good but your next task is to figure out how to do this. I will give you a clue, search the web for HyperSnap 6 software.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Eric. All help is appreciated. Also found that Microsoft Paint will almost do as much,
without the hassle from the owners of Hyper Snap 6.

Attachments

·
52,804 Posts
^Looks like you got it :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
over 75

- A bit off topic this, but your obvious interest in the internals of Zenith carbs reminded me of a task earlier this year when I was working on the dual Bing carbs of my 1976 R75/6 BMW motorcycle. It had been laid up for a few winters and the carbs needed dismantling/refurbishing with new O rings and gaskets.

The Bing constant velocity carb is rather unusual, but generally very reliable - they are still used on snowmobiles and micro-lite aircraft.

On one carb, the main jet was seized in place, and stubbornly refused to unscrew. I tried every dodge I knew, to the point where I feared I would break the ali casting if I applied more force. Eventually I thought up a solution that worked.

I warmed up the main body using a hair-dryer, then applied a 5 second blast of 'freezer spray' to the the main jet bolt head, and quickly applied my spanner to unbolt the thing. To my intense relief, the thermal contraction had freed up the inner thread, and the jet came out undamaged. I took a few pictures to remind me of the incident.

Pic 1 - Before jet removal. carb inverted with float bowl removed.
Pic 2 - Main jet now loose.
Pics 3 & 4. Carbs finally assembled.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks keyhole.
Nicely done those carbs. and I certainly admire your bike. It brought back old memories. I had a BMW 250 about 56 years ago. Owned it for 2 years and it paid my fare to Canada and the train trip to Vancouver. I still miss the old girl. Have a successful New Year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts