Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.3
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an aftermarket (read Chinese) chrome Nudge Bar off Ebay and am having trouble fitting it.
It looks really simple - 2 brackets that mount to the chassis and point forward and then bolt to the Bar itself.

The problem I am having is that I assume I need to cut holes in the bottom of the bumper bar for these two brackets to poke out through.

I don't want to start cutting unless I am sure this is correct.

Has anyone else fitted a Nudge Bar themselves ?

thanks

Doug

·
Registered
99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
No, it's for the front - looks similar to yours - but has 5 vertical bars at the bottom.
oh ok. bull bar :p

what i can do is check my car tomorrow around 11:30 and get back to you on that matter. i dont think that you have to cut anything. ill take pics as well

·
Registered
2001 ML430, 20" EuroKlasse MBR-4 wheels, 255/50 20 Continental CrossContact UHP, Aries Push Bar
31 Posts
The one I have is made by a company called Aries and I DID NOT have to cut to fit it. Took a little tweaking to get it to look good with keeping the front licence plate but you might not have that problem. Every one I have seen did not require any cutting. Is there a chance they sent you one for an 02-05 model? The facelifted bumper is a bit different and I don't think they are the same bar for both. :dunno:

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.3
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I am starting to think it is for the 02 update. It was an Equipe brand (which I think is just made up).
There are 2 brackets that bolt to the frame and 2 U brackets that also bolt to the frame to hold the bracket a bit steadier.

I'll put the ML up on ramps on the weekend and have a better look.

Thnaks for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts