Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking to the repair department tomorrow but wanted to know if anybody has seen this before or has any thoughts on what is going on.

Last weekend, returning from a trip my right rear time suffered a flat. I put the space saver on and returned home. On monday, took the flat to the local tire store. . . tire was not repairable so a new one was ordered and installed. Driving home yesterday I noticed a noise coming from the right rear, examined the rear wheel and discovered the wheel toes out at the top and when the car moves you hear a "metal dragging on metal" sound. The wheel is bolted on correctly and there is no obvious damage to the suspension. Rather than drive the 18 miles to the dealer I'm going to have them come collect it on a flat bed. Anybody ever experience this or have any thoughts on what might have happened?

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
Do you have the noise with the spare tire on the car? Anything noticable inside the rim t...

Do you have the noise with the spare tire on the car? Anything noticable inside the rim that could be rubbing on your brake caliper?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out the backing plate got jarred loose during the tire change process. Dealer got i...

Turns out the backing plate got jarred loose during the tire change process. Dealer got it fixed today

1 - 3 of 3 Posts