Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 mercedes clk 320 silver
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im currently having problems with my 1999 Clk 320. the transmission doesnt move from D to 4. im worried about this because im afraid il have to replace the transmission. what is the problem?

also does anyone know if i should be changing my oil with full synthetic?

thanks for all the help

D

·
Registered
98 CLK 320
86 Posts
dont have an answer for you about the tranny. but.. you should have been running fully synthetic oil in your benz since the day it rolled off the factory line.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Mobil1 0W40 or other MB spec 229.3 full synthetic oil with the fleece filter.

Does your transmission upshift into and through fourth okay, you just can't "manually" select it? If so it is probably just a dirty contact in the console. Either way if you haven't changed the AT fluid and filter get that taken care of.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
'00 w163 55 amg (sold) '02 w208 55 amg '03 w163 350 inspiration
711 Posts
Mobil1 0W40 or other MB spec 229.3 full synthetic oil with the fleece filter.

Does your transmission upshift into and through fourth okay, you just can't "manually" select it? If so it is probably just a dirty contact in the console. Either way if you haven't changed the AT fluid and filter get that taken care of.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg
once again Greg & his magic dust on that mystical MB layden island are glimmering thru:cool: Greg I'm :confused: the 'slug' concept aiside is it possible that a brake light switch could cause this issue? will re-read his avatar to see if he is '03 & >

1 - 4 of 4 Posts