Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have changed voltage regulator in 1992 300te,I assume the ticking noise emenating from alternator is new brushes wearing into old grooves left by old brushes.But my main question is how to reset all of those warning lights that went on when this all started.I assume they need to be reset by a code reader,it cant be as simple as battery disconnect and do the Macarena next to the car(beast)Any.insight,or do I still have a problem?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Houston you still have a problem! If the charging system is working all the lights should go out when the car is running. Are all the lights on now? Use a multimeter and measure your voltage at the battery.

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
No need to re-set if it's just a voltage/voltage reg problem. If low voltage is the problem they Should all go out. You may want to check your OVP relay as well..

Jonathan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still having same problem,after replacing Voltage Reg,although I am recharging battery,only getting to 70%.Either I have a bad battery,or Alternator is shot.OV relay was replaced approx 1 yr ago,that was a totally different set of symptoms.Who knows,
maybe aliens are following me,waiting for me to break down,to attempt an abduction.
Confused,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts