Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 110 CDI (sold) 2006 111 CDI Comfort (current)
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want an opinion of you long term members for a 639 Vito.

It's a Black long wheel base 115, 2004, 95K, full service history, 12 months MOT 6 Tax. 16' Merc Alloys, glass in side doors and tailgate. He says it only has electric windows so no other gadgets and gismos. It's not colour coded. Only one previous owners. Triple seats in the front, none in the back, only ply lined in the back. Worn out driver's seat. Rust on the driver's door which is about the size of a 5p, and very clean underneath.

Asking 6,000K but really really keen to sell. I was thinking it would be worth less than that, but I'll throw it out there to you boys to see what you think.

Also, what should I be looking out for when testing a 639?

·
Registered
2000 108CDI, 2007 120 CDI long, Suzuki K5 GSXR track bike, 2005 Kawasaki ZX10R
1,423 Posts
Yeah i'm with Mark on this one, he is asking too much for it, it's a base model at the end of the day and you can get a lot better for that money. Always have at the back of your mind that anything pre 07 didn't have galvanising so is more prone to rust and also dark colors and metallic's have more paint on them than white vans.
Things to watch out for on manual's is all gears working with no wines and crunching, no drumming noise from the clutch, full service history, leaking injectors as per the 638 on the 4 cyl engines only. If it's an auto it needs an oil change by 50,000 and is not sealed for life as originally claimed. Check all electronics work and no faults showing on the dash if it has a display.

Martin

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brilliant, thanks guys, it's just confirmed what I was thinking myself. I did say to myself if I went for a 639 it'll have to be 07 above, and a traveliner.

I have said that I would offer 3,000 and I'll see what he thinks...... I think I'll be told where to go.......

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Be careful if you go for the travelliner because it is in a higher road fund licence category than a dual linner and also check what the vehicle you are thinking about buying is registered as plg so you will be in the lower road fund licence bracket

Martin

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for the advice and help with this. I would have thought the lower insurance you pay for having an mpv would outweigh the cost of higher road tax though???

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
My insurance would have been a lot higher for the travelliner, they originally quoted something like £500 for the travelinner and £185 for the dual linner

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all
America’s sweetheart Taylor Swift owns a Mercedes-Benz Vian, formerly known as the V-Class is a car that proves that space can also be comfortable, efficient and eco-friendly, and equipped with room for up to eight people. It’s a multi-purpose vehicle based on the popular Mercedes-Benz Vito commercial panel van.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts