Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 1981 280CE & love it but am curious as to value. I bought it for $6,000 (NYS). According to Kelley BB I overpaid (they say 3750) but I'm not sure that would be accurate for this car. It has 135K mi and beautiful condition, no rust, very clean inside and out only two small nicks in the leather interior, new tires, all original except radio replaced with an Alpine CD system. Also there were only about 2,000 of these cars made and who knows how many are left. I won't be selling soon but curious as to the established range for value for this model. Thanks in advance -

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Congratulations,<p>If your car is as represented, I would be thankful.<br>What new car could possibly compete with your<br>pillarless coupe's heritage and contributions to<br>the Mercedes-Benz legacy at that value? The prices <br>fof our cars should be a secret!<p>These are collector cars and will sell for <br>anything the market will bear. Your best source <br>for pricing is The Hemmings Motor News, now on <br>www.hemmings.com. My 1984 300TD cost $7900 with<br>163K, which was Blue Book in 1997. I will keep<br>her forever so that my other cars can be weekend <br>toys contrasted to her practicality!<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A 1985 280ce (euro model) with less than 60k on it is advertised at 16k/best offer in Hemmings currently. Probably worth it to the right person. I would pay 12, or so, for a correct original 82 to 85 example 280ce. We just acquired a 1982 300cd with 167k on it for 5k (6k with the first shop visit).<br> <br> Carl<br>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.