Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at a 1984 230te 112,000 mi. $4ooo.oo asking price im going to have it inspected. interior and exterior look very good. i use the same german dect. for the work the owner just spent $1200.00 for repairs. with the so far limeted information does the price sound in the ball park ? thank for any feed back. i have a 300te 1988 so im usally on that forum as well.

·
Registered
2017 Police Interceptor Utility, 2017 Police Interceptor Sedan
7,742 Posts
bruce kendall - 4/7/2005 10:46 AM

im looking at a 1984 230te 112,000 mi. $4ooo.oo asking price im going to have it inspected. interior and exterior look very good. i use the same german dect. for the work the owner just spent $1200.00 for repairs. with the so far limeted information does the price sound in the ball park ? thank for any feed back. i have a 300te 1988 so im usally on that forum as well.
Hi Bruce,

How's she drive? Pics would be nice, but 4K doesn't sound too bad. Be sure to inspect it thoroughly.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Since it's a Euro-version, use this link to verify and decode the VIN and its original options. color, etc.. (Great reference site!) MBCR VIN DECODER

And then, after thoroughly examining the car inside, outside, drivetrain, AND underneath!! -go ahead and start subtracting (from the selling price) for problems and faults which needs to be addressed immediately. Since it's a wagon, check underneath the rear tail lamps also for any corrosion - especially in the crevices not usually seen from outside, like behind the bumpers, etc... Check that the hydraulic suspension still work properly. Take your time, I'm sure there are other spots/items to check that I (we) haven't mentioned... Best of all, good luck! Estates are fine W123's!! [:D]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts