Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today started out pretty normal, but for some reason I felt exceptionally bored. So I set of on a quest to find new spots to go wheeling around me. Anyways, I found this one local construction site where there was nobody and I started exploring the mud and climbing the mounds of dirt. Then suddenly this fairly new green durango comes flying in (I thought he was a job foreman going to tell me to get off the property) low and behold it was this teenage kid wanting to tear up his 2wd truck. So I sat and watched him a bit then he came up to me and he told me to tear it up. I told him I dont "tear up" stuff since I like wheeling slowly and not destroying my truck.

Well to cut a long-long story somewhat short, he said he was going to another site down the road and that I should follow but that he wasnt sure my truck would make it where he is going LMAO. A few minutes after he left I followd the road to see where he may have ended up, well lets just say when I saw his truck I started BAWLING. It was door deep in thick MUCK. I stopped got out and started walking towards it and the stuff he was on looked solid but once I stepped on it my shoe got stuck in it. Well I looked around for the kid and I couldnt find him. I waited in my truck a bit and saw this lifted F250 with Mud Terrains on it pull in and the kid was in the passenger seat. The guy driving was a construction worker the kid asked to pull him out. So the construction worker looks for recovery points on the kids truck but then decides he cant help him. So I decided I would help him out. I got out my tow strap and told him to hook it to his sway bar mount. I then attached it to the front of my truck and put her in low range (the stuff my truck was on was also muddy). I then began to pull him out and it felt like Jurrasic Park all-over again, my truck slid left to right a bit. But then after I started steering left to right for my front tires to get traction my truck bit into the ground and HAULED his POS out of being completely stuck.

The most gratifying part ... the kid said "DAMN YOUR TRUCK HAS BALLS." And man do I love my beastly benz. I was trully proud of how it yanked that truck out and did'nt get stuck in the proccess. I wish I could have taken pics of how badly he was stuck. Anyways guys, the moral of the story is NEVER UNDER-ESTIMATE THE M !![8D]

·
Registered
2000 ML430
101 Posts
Great story!! I wish I could have been there to see it.

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
Great story.

[:D]

·
Registered
1999 ML320 (Sold)
404 Posts
good to see some people are actually using there ML's in the dirt and mud. Man with mine if my wife hits a puddle on the way to the supermarket I get pissed...keep up the good work..

Attachments

·
Registered
300E
100 Posts
My mom has an ML430 and the thing is strong. I used it to tow my friend's car after it broke down the other day. It's our primary boat/stuff hauler. We remodeled our kitchen with all new tile and counters...guess what carried all the marble and wood [:D][:D][:D]

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
Love it.. MLOffRoad. love you see that you are using the M for some real work. I think i might of broke mine again. After i took it off road. My tranny is acting up again..

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,995 Posts
I wish I could have taken pics of how badly he was stuck. Anyways guys, the moral of the story is NEVER UNDER-ESTIMATE THE M !![8D]
And next time, carry a camera! I have a digital camera I keep in the truck at all times, just in case I run across any such “interesting situations�.

- RODNEY

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup ... I love puting my truck to good use. These bad boys have to be used for what they were intended for. I wish I had my camera, I was looking for it when I left in the morning, but I couldnt find it (figures). I wont make that mistake again !!

But anyways, I PM'd Drew to see if we can make an official sticky off-road thread so we can put all of our info and pics and whatever else that has to do with off road in that thread. I hope we get it ... [:D]

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,995 Posts
My mom has an ML430 and the thing is strong. I used it to tow my friend's car after it broke down the other day. It's our primary boat/stuff hauler. We remodeled our kitchen with all new tile and counters...guess what carried all the marble and wood
Many people underestimate the ML. I just had an argument with a co-worker over the cargo capacity. He overheard me talking about how much it could hold and I mentioned that it was nearly as large as a Ford Explorer. He told me I must be “smoking something� because he has an Explorer and has been in an ML and in his words, “there was no comparison.� Of course a quick trip to Edmunds resolved it: ML – 81.5 cu. Ft., Explorer: 83 cu ft.

The best “deer in the headlights� look I’ve ever gotten was from the guy at the firewood place. We have as place that sells cut and split wood. You pay by the pound, which they calculate by weighing your truck before and after loading. At first, he couldn’t believe I was going to load firewood in my Mercedes. When he found I had loaded over 1,600lbs of wood, he told me to be careful since I was probably way over the capacity. I showed him the GVWR label, which would have allowed me another 250lbs!

- RODNEY

·
Registered
'99 ML320, '83 240D
113 Posts
Damn right its got balls! [:p]

ML, have you gotten your Swampers yet?

pize98, your ML loos fantastic![8D]

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chia - 3/4/2005 7:28 PM

Damn right its got balls! [:p]

ML, have you gotten your Swampers yet?

pize98, your ML loos fantastic![8D]
Nope .. not yet. I'm still waiting on the lift kit. It should be here Monday. After I see how much lift I have I will see if the 34's will work, or maybe even 35's. [:p]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts