Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 1989 190e 2l, oil pressure guage starts at top 3 and stays there all the time, except when idling when it drops to 2. Is this normal?, I am also worried about level of oil in engine, it seems to reach the top of the full red marker, not the bottom where full is marked, should i be concerned about either of these, car is performing well and drives superbly, if a bit thirsty.

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine stays pinned at 3 right at start up, unless I've run it recently before that. Then it comes down once the engine is warm, never much below 1.5, comes down to 1 sometimes but not often. My guess is, for those of us with the older oil pressure gauge w/ the oil line going to the cluster, is that the oil needs a chance to get flowing smoothly and all that good stuff. So until that happens, the oil pressure guage may give a 'false' reading until it is completely warmed up. But that is just my guess. All I know is that when the guage goes down to 1.5 at idle the thing runs nice and smooth and it gives me 'a lot' of power (a lot relative to the car cold).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.