Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

George W. Bush hopes history will see him as a president who liberated millions of Iraqis and Afghans, who worked towards peace and who never sold his soul for political ends.

"I'd like to be a president (known) as somebody who liberated 50 million people and helped achieve peace," Bush said in excerpts of a recent interview released by the White House Friday.

"I would like to be a person remembered as a person who, first and foremost, did not sell his soul in order to accommodate the political process. I came to Washington with a set of values, and I'm leaving with the same set of values."

He also said he wanted to be seen as a president who helped individuals, "that rallied people to serve their neighbor; that led an effort to help relieve HIV/AIDS and malaria on places like the continent of Africa; that helped elderly people get prescription drugs and Medicare as a part of the basic package."

Bush added that every day during his eight-year presidency he had consulted the Bible and drawn comfort from his faith.

"I would advise politicians, however, to be careful about faith in the public arena," the US leader said in the interview with his sister Doro Bush Koch recorded as part of an oral history program known as Storycorps.

As his second term in office draws to an end, Bush joked he would miss some of the trappings that come with the presidency such as trips on Air Force One, never being stuck in a traffic jam, and the president's residence at Camp David.

But he said he was glad to be stepping back into the shadows.

"Frankly, I'm not going to miss the limelight all that much. It's been a fabulous experience to be the president ... But it will be nice to see the Klieg lights shift somewhere else."

The interview, which Bush recorded with First Lady Laura Bush, will be stored in the library of Congress and a museum devoted to the Bush presidency.

Bush wants history to see him as a liberator of millions

·
BenzWorld Elitist
11,490 Posts
So long as bombing = liberating, no issue here.

However, the real truth is that Bush has liberated trillions.

Trillions of dollars, that is, from the wealth of this nation where they were heretofore imprisoned.
Ah, sweet liberty! :rolleyes:

·
Slightly creased
16,582 Posts
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Oh, you're serious.....

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
George W. Bush hopes history will see him as a president who liberated millions of Iraqis and Afghans, who worked towards peace and who never sold his soul for political ends.

"I'd like to be a president (known) as somebody who liberated 50 million people and helped achieve peace," Bush said in excerpts of a recent interview released by the White House Friday.

"I would like to be a person remembered as a person who, first and foremost, did not sell his soul in order to accommodate the political process. I came to Washington with a set of values, and I'm leaving with the same set of values."

He also said he wanted to be seen as a president who helped individuals, "that rallied people to serve their neighbor; that led an effort to help relieve HIV/AIDS and malaria on places like the continent of Africa; that helped elderly people get prescription drugs and Medicare as a part of the basic package."
Legacies are earned, not "hoped for". He has done nothing to EARN a good Legacy.

History is going to see him as the failure that he has already proven to be.

As for being "a person who, first and foremost, did not sell his soul in order to accommodate the political process"...that's some serious delusion cooking there. Maybe if he just repeats it enough in another 20 years at least HE will be convinced.

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
Yes, he liberated them from the confines of their earthly existence. When Hitler did this kind of shit he was resoundingly condemned by the rest of civilization. What makes you think Bush won't be greeted by the same disdain by future historians? Or even the next head of the Department of Justice? Jim

·
Banned
17,697 Posts
As exaggeration increases credibility decreases!

A formula you can take to the bank...

Well you certainly have proven that theory, post after post after post........

·
Always Remembered RIP
10,146 Posts

He can hope all he wants, but it's not hard to see the verdict of history showing him as a very unintelligent, anti-intellectual person that squandered the good will this country had after 9/11 and wasted trillions of dollars on a war that only benefitted oil companies, arms dealers, and security contractors, put our country into horrendous debt, thousands of soldiers in graves and veterans hospitals, and wrecked the balance of power in the constitution, trashed civil liberties and did so wrapped in the flag, and rode a mantra of fear, paranoia, and partisan political politics all the way.

He "hopes".

He is the worst president this country ever had. Even worse than Nixon.

And there are still some people like the OP here, around, that still like him. Of course, there were still people around on April 30, 1945 that liked Hitler too.

But Pol Pot, Stalin and Saddam Hussein and other mass murderers had people around that liked them, too.

He should be arrested, and tried before the International Court of Justice at the Hague for mass murder along with Dick Cheney.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
So long as bombing = liberating, no issue here.

However, the real truth is that Bush has liberated trillions.

Trillions of dollars, that is, from the wealth of this nation where they were heretofore imprisoned.
Ah, sweet liberty! :rolleyes:

Pesident Bush: Liquidator of Trillions

1 - 20 of 39 Posts