Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the 10 inch subwoofer is located on the 2000 s class? If so, has anyone upgraded it with an aftermarket sub to give it a little kick?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know where the 10 inch subwoofer is located on the 2000 s class? If so, has anyone upgraded it with an aftermarket sub to give it a little kick?
mine is a 2001 so i think is at the same place : in the trunk, in the trunk door. sorry for ma bad english;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just put a small AMP inline with the SUB and you will have all the bass you need. I had cartoys do that on my 2000 s500. I now keep the bass on the radio set to 0 or -2 most of the time. Sounds great too.

·
Registered
1999 S430 w220
202 Posts
Location - look up in the trunk (the green arrow shows you were to look)

How the original woofer looks like:

I don't think that if you only change the woofer the sound will be much better. It's a good idea to inatall an additional amplifier on subwoofer only.

When buying a new woofer, mind that the original one is thin and there is not much space in the hat shelf.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I thought I could go the easy rout when upgrading my s500 I took out the sub located in the rear deck and replaced it with a JL W7 10 with a custom enclosure the bass was unbelievable but the problem was with the volume going up and down the car stereo shop told me I needed the speed control sensor disabled had that down twice . After 1 day the problem came back after leaving my car at CAR Tunes( stereo shop) for 48hrs they discovered the vibrations from the sub would override the disable to kick in the factory amp for my stock speakers so they added an after market amp and I decided to change out the stock door speakers with MB quarts components you don't have to change them out just bypass the amp . my system sounds GREAT !!! The cost 2800.00 bought the speakers and amp offline this will save you 1000..00

·
Registered
W220 S280
13 Posts
DSUM , how did you take out the sub in the rear deck? I've been looking all over the internet on taking out the rear deck but I still don't know how to do it. Actually it's unrelated but I've got a dead dragonfly under the rear deck (I can see it's wings) and knowing that it's there is driving me nuts!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts