Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1984 380 SL
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the pages load considerably faster if you are a premium member? I don't mind research in the least, in fact it's a hobby. (strange but true) What I hate is how darn long it takes each thread to load up. If I do a forum search and have 15 threads it can take an hour just to load each one and hunt through it quickly...not read them, but skim them. Just using the search term "replace weatherstrip" produced like 87 messages. It would take a week to read them at the rate the pages load! I don't like to keep asking questions for which the answers probably already exist somewhere in here, but it's far less time consuming.
Just a quick b*tch.:crybaby2:

·
Always Remembered RIP
1979 280sl 4 sp w/ac 1957 MGA 1998 volvo xc/70 2004 F150
6,050 Posts
The add-ons that came with yahoo toolbar caused my IE to slow to a crawl. Ininstalled it and all is fine, except swmbo, my life etc. but that's another OT thread.

·
Registered
1984 380 SL
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
browser?

I'm using the latest ie browser (is it 8?) I've used both Opera and Mozilla, neither here. I didn't care for Opera at all. Mozilla had it's good points and I'd be willing to use it again if it means being able to cruise around in here. I swear it's like dial up right now and I'm getting anywhere from 5 to 7 mbps with my current connection so it's not in my equipment.

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,841 Posts

FireFox with AdBlocker Plus has worked very well for me. A couple of web sites I visit infrequently seem to work better on Chrome, so I've got that loaded for them.

In the UserCP the Edit Your Details option allows you to turn off sidebar for thread views, a premium account expands that to all pages, but in all honesty is the banner ads that slow slow things up. The ABP killz 'em.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts