1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Yes, but take it easy on the throttle and load. Fill up with Premium ASAP when it becomes available again.

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
Hopefully that shortage is short-lived. From a business standpoint, they should jack up the price for premium to slow the demand.

Of course an MB should be run on premium only whenever possible. But it's amazing how many people waste money on filling with premium, when manufacturer specifies regular for their engine.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just go by an auto parts store and buy some octane boost additive. Put it in the tank BEFORE filling up so it mixes well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The only E85 filling station in Canada is in Ottawa...I don't think he wants to drive 4 days to fill 'er up. HA HA HA

Octane booster is your best friend right now...Canadian Tire has these little 4 packs for $20. I used it in my custom turbo'd Saturn Sky...it was mapped for 93 Octane and we only have 91 here in Regina.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ignition Spark advance will retard a little to prevent engine knock and burning holes in the pistons. You will lose some power and the car will consume more gas.

Pierre

1 - 11 of 11 Posts