Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
none
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to hook-up a non-MB Motorola V60 car kit. I've tapped into the factory microphone, speaker, and radio mute. I've noticed that in the armrest there is an antenna connection as a part of the pre-wire. Is there something else necessary to use this antenna connection?

·
Registered
03CLK500/99CLK320
9 Posts
I have tried to use the on board antenna...It doesn't match up to the frequency of the new...

I have tried to use the on board antenna...It doesn't match up to the frequency of the newer phones (v60).
I am curious about how you tapped into the Mic, Speaker and Mute....Could you fill me in?
Thanks,
Jeff

Ps...I use a Motorola "professional" hands free kit, but I would like to use the mic, spkr and mute ...

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,241 Posts
Re: I have tried to use the on board antenna...It doesn't match up to the frequency of the

I have tried to use the on board antenna...It doesn't match up to the frequency of the newer phones (v60).
I am curious about how you tapped into the Mic, Speaker and Mute....Could you fill me in?
Thanks,
Jeff

Ps...I use a Motorola "professional" hands free kit, but I would like to use the mic, spkr and mute ...
If you have a 2002+ car, your antenna should work with the newer frequency. If not, you can purchase a new antenna and pop it in the bumper. It's a pretty simple job.

To use the microphone, you have to trace the wires down and tap in there.

The speaker is in the passenger kick panel. I believe it is unused in a 1999 and 2001+ car. In 2000 I think it was used for TeleAid, but it can be disconnected (if you're not subscribing) and used for the phone kit.

The mute wire is on the connector to the stereo.

-s-

·
Registered
none
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: I have tried to use the on board antenna...It doesn't match up to the frequency of the

Scorchie, thanks for your feedback.

I ran the microphone from the kit to the rear-view mirror and spliced into the factory microphone. That microphone is extremely sensative and I will try to connect a volume switch to it this weekend to see if it does anything.

The kit also had an amplified speaker which I disconnected and ran wires to the factory speaker in the passenger kickpanel.

To tap into the radio mute your kit will need to send a ground or 12volt signal when you receive an incoming and place an outgoing call. I ended up using a relay and tapped into a wire in the back of the radio which mutes the radio when it's grounded. I found the wire diagram when I searched this site.

·
Registered
none
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: I have tried to use the on board antenna...It doesn't match up to the frequency of the

I went by the MB Dealership to buy the 2002+ car antenna that goes in the rear bumper. They gave me part # 208 820 0475 but that is the same part that came in my 2000 CLK. Anyone know the correct part #?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts