Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a MB dealer perform PPI on 05 SL55. The report came back fairly clean, and I purchased the car about a month ago. Since then, I have found many issues that I thought would have been caught in the inspection. Some are minor, like missing jack and compressor; others, not so much, like driver's seat heater that doesn't work, and my biggest concern - when I go out each morning, the suspension is down on the left front. ABC warns me 'car is too low'. I can easily raise it back up with the console switch, but I suspect there is a leak.

This is the kind of thing I would have thought a PPI would catch. I have had other MB inspections, and they have been pretty good, including a CL65 with bad ABC.

I have not approached the dealer that did the PPI as yet. I'm not sure what to expect, but I am guessing that they will assume NO liability. Does anyone else have experience with a bad PPI?

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
A good shop will tell you exactly what they will do for the ppi. Sometimes you have to pay extra for other things you want done. Did you discuss specifics when you ordered the ppi and did you get a written report? I hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
I have not approached the dealer that did the PPI as yet. I'm not sure what to expect, but I am guessing that they will assume NO liability.
Liability for what exactly? Unless I'm misunderstanding, you purchased the car elsewhere, and they can always claim that there was no problem either with the seat or the suspension when they checked it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts